Friday, May 18, 2018

Still Stitching #8. Scrappy Four Patch. Slow Stitching Therapy.




Still Stitching #8 (updated 6/11/18 to include clarifying graphics)


In our last post we learned about not staring at our loved ones’ life. 
We can stare at our loved one’s life forever and ever – and this won’t change a thing.
We can discuss our loved one’s life forever and ever – and this won’t change a thing.
We can mull over our loved one’s life forever and ever – and this won’t change a thing.
We can worry about our loved one’s life forever and ever – and this won’t change a thing.
We can……

Do you get the point? 
I’ve done all of the above and nothing changed – and I was miserable.

I have no control over my loved one.
I only have control over myself.

Learning that when I point my finger at someone else, I need to look at how many fingers are pointing right back at me.  
I know, it sounds weird.
After all, we are the one holding the family together, taking care of (rescuing) our loved one. 
Ahhhhhhhh…..then why are we so miserable?
Because we are so focused on our loved one,
we aren’t focused on our own issues – and, Honey, we all have issues.
Though it’s so much easier not to look inward, I’m learning to focus on myself as I strive to be as emotionally and spiritually healthy as possible. 

As we work on our own issues,
we will become healthy enough to deal with our loved on
IN A HEALTHY, RESPECTFUL manner.

What made me finally understand this theory was the speech we hear from the airline stewardesses.  It sounds like an oxymoron, but, truly, we have to take care of ourselves to be able to take care of others.

Give it a shot, you might find that you like it. 
Still Stitching #9

Scrappy Four Patch.
I'm sure you all have heard of Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts, right?  She has the best ideas for creating projects out of scraps and this idea is no different!  

A few weeks ago I shared that I'm copying her scrappy four patch quilt called "Lost in the Crowd".  This is a great leader/ender project as well as a mindless sewing project.  
Here is the next group of fabrics to be made into squares!


After I go through my 1.5" squares, I'll be using strips of fabric from my stash.  Thank you, Amanda Jean for such a fun project!

Slow Stitching Therapy.
I've needed a mindless sewing project such as my Scrappy Four Patch quilt.  Life has been a tornado lately.  As one friends gently told me, "You come from a challenging family!"  And this month we have had our fair share of challenges. (Hence my disappearance from the blogging world.)

I have found slow stitching to be soothing to my heart, so my yo-yo quilt is getting some attention again!  I started it in August of 2016 and made progress!  After a long hiatus, it has continued to grow.  

These are some of the yo-yo flowers I've made this month.  


Do you like my granddaughter's tennis shoes?  :)

This 4.5" stack of fabrics is waiting to join the other flowers!  

I hope you'll check out these great link-ups!










2 comments:

  1. Very important, the flight attendant said about the oxygen masks, not just on the plane.
    Many beautiful sewing projects, and so beautiful fabrics you use. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, Birthe! Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm loving working with colorful fabrics!

      Delete