Monday, May 21, 2018

Thoughtful Tuesday: On Our Own? Book Date. To Do Tuesday.

Thoughtful Tuesdays
This post from Lesley at Life in the Spacious Place blessed me immensely.  I was reminded that we are never alone in our journey for the LORD is always with us.  We were never meant to go through life alone - ever.  I hope you'll hop on over to Life in the Spacious Place and be encouraged!  

High Quality Thank You Blank Meme TemplateThank you, Lesley, for such a  comforting reminder of our Father's love!


Book Date -Currently Reading
Image result for the story the bible as one continuing story of god
I'm enjoying reading at least a chapter a week of The Story   I highly recommend this book!  I did fall behind while we were on vacation and then while recovering from the vacation!  Doe that happen to you as well? 
I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
I have yet to pick up I Am Malala since our vacation, but will be reading again regularly very soon.  It's interesting, but I read her book in spurts as I realize I need time to digest all she shares.  
I finished All Things New by Lynn Austin!  It's a great book about the Civil War and left me with a new understanding of how life in the South after the Civil War.  Very interesting.  

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (Revised Edition)
I decided to abandon Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.  I wonder if I would've enjoyed the book more if I hadn't seen the movie first?  

Light from Heaven is a new audio book I'm enjoying.  It's light and humorous.  Perfect for me right now.  

The Tenth Circle: A Novel
I started The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult but just realized it was removed from my RBdigital account.  I guess I took too long to read it.  I'll be checking it out again to finish it.  I was enjoying it!  :)

Last Times' list
1.  Make at least 6 yo-yo flowers to add to my quilt. Done!  Here's the link to four of them - will you trust me that the other 2 got done?  :)

2.  Finish up the yellow and blue flowers for my afghan - the Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet. Nope!  

4.  Sew a few more of fun four patches inspired by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Some 1/2 squares were made.  I'm collecting those and then moving onto sewing them together.



3.  Contact the organizations to give out the drainage bags. Nope.  

This Week's List
1.  Make at least 3 yo-yo flowers to add to my quilt. These are the fabrics I'll be using.


2.  Finish up the yellow flowers for my afghan - the Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet
3.  Sew a few more of fun four patches inspired by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts.  
4.  Contact the organizations to give out the drainage bags  


I hope you consider visiting and linking up to:

Linking up to:



8 comments:

  1. I love Jodi Picolt's books. I haven't read that one yet. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! Yes, Jodi Picolt's books have always been a good read! It was a good week! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the great book recommendations. I love the yo-yo fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I get many of my recommendations from Kathryn at The Book Date! I fell in love with that dotted fabric as soon as I saw it! It should brighten up my yo-yo quilt!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing link about the dancing girl. A wonderful story! It is good to know: We are never alone. God will always be with us. You have a lot to do. So many books to read and your sewing project. Enjoy and have a nice day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Birthe! We are never alone. I appreciate your blog, Instagram posts and comments!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing my post, and the book recommendations look great too. I always enjoy Jodi Picoult's books. I don't know if you've heard the set of songs that was composed to go along with The Story but they are so good. I got the CD for Christmas a few years ago and used to listen to it all the time. I'll need to dig it out again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley! I so appreciate your blog! I hadn't heard of the CD that accompanies The Story! Thank you for sharing! I'll be ordering it soon!

      Delete