Sunday, May 20, 2018

Saturday's Song. Slow Stitching.

Saturday's Song.
During difficult times, I pray - of course.  But now,  instead of praying forever (or so it seems) an interesting change is transpiring:  instead of crying the blues all day and worrying, I cry (because that's what I do) and earnestly pray for about 5-10 minutes.  Then I start to praise God as I listen to praise and worship music.  Last time a crisis hit, I heard this song: 
Wow!  Praise hit me like a ton of bricks.  
God is always with us, even in the depths of our pain and worry.  In fact, it's then that we should praise Him all the more and cling to His promises!  

Is my life any better after the crisis?
Yes.  
Did God answer my prayer the way I had hoped?
Yes.

But that's not the only reason why I'm better.

I'm better because I learned to truly praise and trust Him and His will in the storm, in the depths of my pain.

I pray that you will be inspired to do the same.  It's comforting and empowering.  
Fear is a liar, remember?



Slow Stitching.
Lately I've been all about slow stitching.  My yo-yo quilt is finally getting some love. Here's a picture I shared from my last post....so pretty I just had to share it again!  ;)

I'm also making progress on my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  I've connected the first three rows and am almost finished with the fourth row (the colored hexies).  Here's half of the 4th row.  
When putting rows together, I work with "half-rows" and then stitch them together in order to avoid having to maneuver such large pieces.  
I'll be working on attaching the white flowers today.  Once that's done, they will join the main quilt.

I hope you'll check out these link ups!

12 comments:

  1. I like how you photographed the Yo-Yo's among the green plant leaves. The hexie flowers are very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was teaching my granddaughter how to find pretty backgrounds for a picture. We were walking around the backyard and she chose the setting and even took the pictures! I am eager to finish my Grandmother's Flower Garden this year and have it on my bed! :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you, not just a survivor but victory in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God that He has been patient with me as I have learned this lesson. He is good!

      Delete
  3. Pretty yo-you flowers and great progress with your hexies.
    Thanks for the inspirational music.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I so enjoy listening to inspirational music! I hope your week is wonderful as well!

      Delete
  4. Sending a big virtual hug for your sharing of there is strength in pain if we use it. Thanks for sharing the song. Love seeing the crafts you're working on. Have a great week.

    Peabea from Sunday Scripture Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments and for hosting such a wonderfully inspiring link up!

      Delete
  5. I admire your ability to pray and praise. I am out of touch with my Catholic upbringing. I enjoyed reading of your joy. Your hexies and yo-yo's are very bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cathie! This ability to pray and praise has come via hard lessons. Whenever I was hurt or angry, I used to walk away from God for long stretches of time. Slowly, over literally decades, I realized there was no where to run. Only He can help me through my challenges. This new lesson of praying and praising is new to me, but so very comforting.

      I realized I love bright colors but wow - when I first started collecting fabrics, they were all dark/muted. Interesting....So now, I'm purchasing bright and colorful fabrics that make me smile. Isn't it wonderful to find our "color language"?! :)

      Delete
  6. Inspiring music and thoughts! (and I like your shoes too! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shoes belong to my granddaughter! She's learning to take pictures for my blog. They are the best though! I love the colorful tennis shoes that she choses!

      Delete