Monday, April 30, 2018

Still Stitching #6. Finished Panel Quilts. Book Date.


Still Stitching #6

Still Stitching #5 Still Stitching #7

I'm so sorry, but I just realized I skipped the 6th part in this series, so here it is!  

As you may remember, in my 5th Still Stitching post we looked at how our current point of study can look like within.  But how did I put it into action?  I leaned on my faith as well as past growing experiences.  

I learned that:  “No response is a response.”  I didn’t have to outwardly respond to events.  I could sit still and simply pray.  I learned to give my loved ones the dignity to live with the consequences of their own decisions – even while my own heart was breaking.  This may sound like a cliché, but it works.  I had to let go and let my loved ones grow up. 

This. 
Can. 
Be. 
Excruciatingly. 
Painful.

I sometimes fall to my knees and cry as my heart breaks into a million pieces.
And then, yup, you guessed it,
I turn to my LORD and Savior for comfort.
I remind Him of His Word.
He never fails me.
He is ALWAYS there.

He provides loved ones and friends who hug me and reassure me that it will be ok.
He provides a church where I can go and praise Him and hear His inspired Word.
He provides rest.
He provides comfort.
He provides music.
He provides.

Isaiah 43:1-2 is not only speaking to us, but also to our loved ones. 

As my own loved ones begin to navigate their lives, I repeatedly comprehend that I am not their rescuer, their god, their savior.  Only Jesus can do these things. 

So,
I get out of the way and let Him.
So,
I pray.
So,
I sing.
So,
I believe.

Then I make every attempt to go forth and live my life with His joy.  Happiness is fleeting, but His joy is my strength.

And I apply the next step I learned from the person who visited my meeting:

Until next time, my dear reader.

Finished Panel Quilts.  
As many of you know the end of the school year/semester is a busy time for school/college campuses.  Add to that, the time of waiting I'm walking through, I have found my creative heart is leaning to mindless sewing, slow stitching and crochet.  So, for my mindless sewing, I finished two simple panel quilt tops.  Here is one of them.
I am constantly amazed at how pretty these tops come out!  
I'm sure they will only be enhanced by my daughter's quilting!

Book Date -Currently Reading
Image result for the story the bible as one continuing story of godThe Story continues to captivate my heart.  Pastor's sermon, "How to Pray Through for a Breakthrough", referencing Chapter 16 blessed me immensely.  My faith was renewed and strengthened!    



I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the TalibanAs I continue to read I Am Malala, I am struck by her courage and wisdom at such a young age!






I started a new audiobook, All Things New by Lynn Austin, an author who never disappoints.  This post-Civil War is set in the South and explains the circumstances of the newly freed slaves. 


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (Revised Edition)After watching the movie, I also started Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.  I'm not enjoying it as much as the movie.  Does that happen to you as well?  I'll keep reading it for a bit longer, but it may be abandoned.  Do you abandon books as well?

I'm excited to be able to read more than one book at a time!  Yea - chemo brain be gone!  :)

Linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes movies are not as good as the book and yes, I have abandoned a few books along the years. Why keep reading if the subject is not entertaining or educating you in a positive way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the movies vs. books. I believe this time, the movie ruined me for the book! LOL! I agree with you - I can abandon a book as well. Life is too short and there are so many books out there to enjoy! Great minds think alike! ;)

      Delete
  2. Those are amazing and powerful words. I will be keeping them in mind and revisiting them. I'm glad your chemo brain is gone. My sister will get the results of her scans after her last round of chemo last week. You are both in my morning prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! I'll be praying for your sister!

      Delete
  3. I like Lynn Austin books, too. And yes, I, too, abandon books when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have enjoyed her books! I am finding that as I get older, it's easier to abandon books as I get older. So many books, so little time..... :)

      Delete