Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sewing with Love! I Like............ Cars!

Sewing with Love
My March/April blocks for Covered in Love blocks are complete!  They are called Hunter's Star and Kat asked us to use blue - which worked great as a stash buster for me.  Here they are!

They weren't difficult, but I definitely had to pay attention to detail!  Once I had the afternoon to myself to concentrate, they went up quickly!  

I Like Cars!
Ok, so my husband is a car buff and after 37 years of marriage, I still love going to car shows with him!  
Here are some beauties from the last show we went attended!  I bet some of you will call your husbands over to the computer to check these beauties out!  My husband gave me the year and models of the cars.  Thanks, Honey!


This 1968 Chevelle Station Wagon reminded me 
of our old 
Rambler station wagon 
when I was just a girl.
Remember the rear facing back seat that sat in the way back?  
 This Thunderbird belongs to my friend's husband.
She's a beauty!
 I loved the smooth lines, 
sun visor and fender skirts 
on this Mercury!
 Look familiar?  
Do you see Doc Hudson's 
(from the movie, Cars) 
eyes?

This 1960 Impala took my breath away!
This 1957 Chevy is 
so cool looking!  
I like the tough stance!
 Of course this Ford Truck is one of my favs - 
I love yellow, food and 
look at the mechanic 
crying on the bumper!  
 This 1973 Pontiac GTO 
is crying out to me 
to race her!  
As a teen,
I loved to race 
on the freeways!  

 I always wanted a 
Mustang from this era!  
Isn't she a beauty?
I hope you enjoyed this walk through our car show....there just may be more pics next week!  :)

Linking up to




4 comments:

  1. Nice blocks! One of mine and my dad's biggest regrets is that we didn't keep my first car, a 1967 Firebird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great block. I am not a car person but i like ooks things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun making it! I wasn't a car person, until I met my husband! :) Now I like going to car shows and he likes going to craft/quilt shows! :)

      Delete