Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Still Stitching #5. Stitching With Love. Book Date.

Still Stitching #5
Hello There,
So, what does our last point look like?  Remember, it was
 

For me, it evolved.  I had to realize how true Step 1 is:

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.

In the rooms of Al-Anon, I learned that I could replace the word “alcohol” with anything – the actions of others, a horrible diagnosis, my boss, my peers – anything.  I only have control over my responses.  So, I turned to the One who has control.  In the beginning of each crisis (and they can be continuous), I allow myself to feel my emotions:  fear, anger, hurt, betrayal, disappointment, despair. 

Then I cry – a lot.
Then I pray – even more.
Eventually I praise – even through my tears – I praise God. 
That is so empowering:  letting the defeated one know he is defeated.

I also highly recommend reading the Bible.  Perhaps the Psalms are for you?  Maybe Philippians? Inspirational books help as well.  The ones that recently changed my life were Why the Sky is Blue by Susan Meissner and Hidden Places by Lynn Austin.  You will see how powerfully God can work in your life.

Music helps so much!

As you listen to the lyrics,
think of yourself,
not your loved one. 
I learned to focus on me and becoming stronger.

My dear reader, music
encourages,
strengthens,
speaks,
heals,
and is always there. 

You know what else is there?
Well, it’s Who is always there?
God.
Yup.

He is there, waiting for me,
waiting for you.
Give Him
your tears, joy will come in the morning,
your anger, He can take it – and give you peace.
You’ve tried everything else, why not give Him a shot?

Until next time.

Stitching With Love
Kat from Kat and Cat Quilts has a new block drive:  the Hunter's Star.   One of the reasons I so enjoy participating in her block drives are the opportunity to learn about new blocks!  Here are my first two blocks!
This one is correct.

 After a meeting 
with the seam ripper, 
this one will be correct as well!


Aren't the 30's fabrics so wonderfully pretty?


Book Date


Image result for the story the bible as one continuing story of god
https://www.amazon.com/
NIV-Story-Audio-CD-Continuing/
dp/0310421772
We are moving onto 2nd Samuel in The Story and I'm still keeping up!  Yea!  I like the mini sermons that are published after the Sunday sermon. Coupled with our Life Group, they give me a whole new perspective!    


Why the Sky Is Blue
https://www.goodreads.com/book/
show/835448.Why_the_Sky_Is_Blue
I finished Why the Sky is Blue by Susan Meissner.  This book is a keeper for me.  I added many notes to my "Lessons Learned From Books" journal.  I highly encourage you to check it out.  


A Place Called Morning by Ann Tatlock
http://anntatlock.com/books/
place-called-morning/
I also finished listening to A Placed Called Morning by Ann Tatlock.  Oh my gosh!  Such a good book and to think it's Ms. Tatlock's debut novel!  I'm looking forward to listening to/reading more of her books!


I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
https://www.goodreads.com/
book/show/
17851885-i-am-malala
I also started reading I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb.  Another excellent read!

Check out these fun link ups!





You make my day with your comments!  

I love reading and responding to them!


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your inspiration you gave us on Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! I love meeting people from all over the world!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for what you share from the Bible, about our loving God, your thoughts and what you share from your life and beautiful music. I love listening to Christian music, and I'm glad for all the songs you've shared. It has also been curious about what other songs the artists are singing. The blocks you've sewn are great, and the 1930s are so beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthe, Thank you for your kind, heartfelt comment. I love reading your blog because it's from another country! How awesome that our world is shrinking and we found each other! Thank you so much for your comments about the blocks. Are 1930's fabrics available where you live?

      Delete
  3. I have not made Hunter Star yet but it is on my list. I saw that tutorial from Fat Quarter Shop and I have saved it for later use. Oh the seam ripper - we'd be a mess without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the solid/print contrast of the Hunter Star. For me, it's important to pay attention to details as I keep turning one of the HSTs around! sigh......

    I try to buy cool seam rippers - as we soon become very well acquainted with each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your encouraging message. I have Hidden Places on my to-read list. I enjoyed I Am Malala. I listen to most of those songs. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! We have so much in common! I am also enjoying Malala! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete