Saturday, April 7, 2018

Saturday's Song. Still Stitching #6. Prayer Shawl #8.

Saturday's Song
Have you had strong faith turned into doubts?  Have you ever questioned God?  Check out these lyrics!

...I started having doubts

And it got me so down

But I picked myself back up

And I started telling me

No, my God's not done

Making me a masterpiece

He's still working on me

It's ok to have doubts, to question God.  But, let's help each other pick ourselves up by the grace of God and know that He's making us into a masterpiece!  Just listen to Mandisa's, the artist singing this song, testimony!



Still Stitching #6
Still Stitching #5


Hello There,
As you may remember, in my last post we looked at how our current point of study can look like within.  But how did I put it into action?  I leaned on my faith and past growing experiences.  I learned that:  “No response is a response.”

I didn’t have to outwardly respond to events.  I could sit still and simply pray.  

I learned to give my loved ones the dignity to live with the consequences of their own decisions – even while my own heart was breaking.  This may sound like a cliché, but it doesn’t matter:  because it works.  

I had to let go and let my loved ones grow up. 

This. Can. Be. Excruciatingly. Painful.

I sometimes fall to my knees and cry as my heart breaks into a million pieces.  And then, yup, you guessed it,
I turn to my LORD and Savior for comfort.
I remind Him of His Word.

He never fails me.
He is ALWAYS there.

He provides loved ones and friends who hug me and reassure me that it will be ok.
He provides a church where I can go and praise Him and hear His inspired Word.
He provides rest.
He provides comfort.
He provides music.
He provides.

Isaiah 43:1-2 is not only speaking to us, but also to our loved ones. 



As my loved ones begin to navigate their lives, I repeatedly comprehend that I am not their rescuer, their god, their savior.  Only Jesus can do these things. 

So,
I get out of the way and let Him.
So,
I pray.
So,
I sing.
So,
I believe.

Then I go forth and live my life with His joy.  Because His joy is my strength.

And I apply the next step I learned from the person who visited my meeting:


Until next time, my dear reader.

Prayer Shawl #8
I've made significant progress on Prayer Shawl #8.  


I've been using this yarn for my last couple of shawls.

Linking up to:









10 comments:

  1. I appreciate reading your thoughts and the Bible verses that are currently yours. Sometimes for me, too, all I can do is pray. Prayer shawl #8 is beautiful. Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,Nancy, prayer is so powerful as is praising God! Thank you for your encouragement! I finally finished Prayer Shawl #8 as well as that beautiful yarn! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Such true words! Love the prayer shawl too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie - on both counts! I love your smiley face at the end of your comment!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on family and faith. The shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm encouraged by your kind words! I love that crochet pattern - so easy and light! It's perfect for our Southern New Mexico's weather!

      Delete
  4. Pretty payer shawl and good progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I finally finished it - and the beautiful yarn I used to crochet it! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Your prayer shawl is lovely! Although I love Fall and fall colors, I am so ready for Spring this year! Come on crocus, daffodils and tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love fall colors, but am so happy to see flowers blooming! I finished up all that yarn and have moved onto a beautiful blue!

      Delete