Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Thoughtful Tuesdays. To Do Tuesday.

Thoughtful Tuesdays
I was going through my blog drafts and found some great ideas for Thoughtful Tuesdays!  Today's is from Gail @ Bible Love Notes.  November of 2016! I found it when I was in the throes of recovering from chemotherapy and simply forgot to write about her post.  (I'm more organized and clear-headed now.)

Gail of 1-Minute Bible Love Notes is an amazing writer who captures deep meaning from God's Word!  Each of her devotionals can be read in under a minute.  
The post I'm sharing today is a great study and ties nicely into Philippians 2:12 - 13.

I hope you take a minute - quite literally - to read this post and be blessed!  

To Do Tuesday
Last week's list was slightly put aside for grandbaby time!  
1) Finish my second Tumbling Blocks prototype.  Not done, but progress made!

2) Finish crocheting two more colors of Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet Almost there!

3) Make more CIL blocks. Nope - Instead I made a different charity project that I'll be sharing soon!  
4) Make progress on Prayer Shawl #7Yes!
5) Pray my prayer and memorize Genesis 50:20a
 


This Week's List 
1) Even though I'm working more this week, I think I'll be able to finish the second Tumbling Blocks prototype. This one is going much better! 


2) Finish crocheting five blue and yellow flowers of the Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet ! I wonder if adding starting to join them is too much for my hands?  We'll see......

3) Use up the rest of the strings for the CIL blocks. 

4) Make progress on Prayer Shawl #7. This week our Cancer Care Group meets, so I'll be able to work on this one.  I usually reserve this project for this meeting night.  

5) Pray my prayer and memorize Genesis 50:20a  A friend at church recommended using Post-It notes all around the house to memorize Scripture.  I'm going to try that.  LORD knows I have enough of them!


 I hope you check out these fun link ups!  Please check back tomorrow as I'll be adding a few more interesting Wednesday link ups!  



Fiber Tuesday at
and




You make my day with your comments!  

I love reading and responding to them!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for everything you share and for all the links. I have visited several of them. Your tumbling block quilt will be very nice! You have so many nice projects you are working on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birthe! I appreciate you checking out the links! I so enjoy losing myself in my sewing room! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the constant reminders to pray and learn scripture. It seems that I know a verse appropriate for an occasion but can't remember the exact words, just a general idea. I'm going to try the sticky notes--one verse at a time. When I know the verse, I'll add another. Surely that will work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Mary! Funny, I can recite them to myself - but as soon as I try to recite them to someone else - the words leave my brain! I guess for now, they are meant for me. Let me know how the sticky notes work for you!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for that scripture reminder. I like your weekly to do list. I need to do something similar. Do you find it harder to memorize scripture now? The older I get, the harder it is. I've been trying to memorize some simple prayers too. I'm going to try the sticky notes for those too. They will also be a reminder to dh too.

    Love your tumbling blocks. That is one on my quilting bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marti! Yes, the To Do Tuesday has really helped keep me focused! Yes, I'll be 56 this year and memorizing Scripture is harder. I know that the chemotherapy also affected my memory - even two years later! But, I'm coming back! Let me know how the sticky notes work! :)

      Delete
  4. Your Tumbling Blocks look so fantastic. I already really love those colors in the crayon afghan! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm determined to master The Tumbling Blocks! It's fun to work with such bright colors!

      Delete