Saturday, February 10, 2018

Philippians 4:19. Friday Finish - A Fun Journal Cover

Philippians 4:19
Scripture

Observation
Paul was so grateful for the gifts the Philippians sent!  We discussed how important tithing is and I shared when we first started tithing roughly 30 years ago and another view on Philippians 4:18 here.  Philippians 4:19 is our promise - God will supply all our NEEDS.  The awesome part is that He will supply all our needs according to HIS riches and glory!  Therefore, there is absolutely no way we can outgive God!  Application
Honestly, it has took me a while to trust this verse.  Many times God would nudge me to give at church or somewhere or even to someone else.  I wouldn't out of fear that we would fall short at home.  
However, as my faith grew, I did begin heeding His call and we never, ever fell short.  
Prayer
Abba, thank You for the opportunities You have given me to bless others.  You are amazing in that we never fell short.  Forgive me, I pray, for the times I was disobedient.  Now, I'm grateful that You have taught me to be not only a cheerful giver, but a faith-filled giver.  Your patience with me has allowed me to grow in You.
Thank You, dear Abba! Amen. 


Friday Finish

Do you like 
my new journal cover?  
It was fun to make as I used my Accuquilt Fun Flower Die
and 
practiced my applique skills.  
Actually, it's for my granddaughter.  There's so much I want to say to my grandchildren, but with the oldest being only 8 years old, they might not understand.  So, I write them notes in these journals.  One day they'll read them and perhaps understand.  I've decided to print out photos we take on regular copy paper and include them in our journals.  

Here are some more covers of my personal journals.

My personal journal
I used to use this 
washi tape journal 
for Bible Journaling....
I'm not an artist, but I try..... :)

 When I was first diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer (in Nov. 2014), a dear friend recommended I keep notes of doctor appointments, labs, personal notes, etc.  This was my lifeline for a bit.  
Sometimes, when reading a book, I come upon life lessons.  They go in here.

Can you tell 

4 comments:

  1. I love your journal covers! Great idea to write out thoughts for children and grandchildren. :) The verse from Philippians is one of my favorites. It reminds me that God will always provide. Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at #FaithOnFire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I so love Philippians....it's both comforting and challenging at the same time! Yes, He is faithful to provide! Off to read your post, Neighbor! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your journals for your grandchildren, I too am doing something similar, creating a scrapbook for each of my grandchildren, of the activities/times they & I have spent together.

    I have also included a copy of my second book & am doing a copy each of the family tree/history.

    It is their 18th birthday present. My eldest granddaughter received hers last year & she said she will always treasure it.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How beautiful! Your ideas are phenomenal! Your granddaughter sounds like a very special young lady! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete