Sunday, March 11, 2018

Stash Report. Sunday Slow Stitching. One Year of Stitches. Saturday Song.

Stash Report
This week was a crafting bust due to pain...but I'm learning to stop and take care of myself.  Funny - pain seems to be my companion more after chemotherapy....I wonder if I will ever have a week - heck - even a day without pain?  I wonder if other survivors who had fibromyalgia pre-chemotherapy also experience increased pain?  

I finished an Abbey Bag which used a bit of yardage.  You'll be seeing it this week.  I also finished Prayer Shawl #7!  Yea! My yarn numbers are starting to go in the right direction!  

Fabric used this week
1.57
Previous total

36.00
To Date used
37.57


Fabric in this week
0
Previous total
38.50
To Date in
38.50
Net in the red (more bought than used!)
-0.93
Yarn used this week
18.10
Previous total
0
To Date used
18.10


Yarn in this week
0
Previous total
166.80
To Date in
166.80
Net in the red (more bought than used!)
-148.70    

Sunday Slow Stitching
My hopes for Sunday are to finally complete the Felt Advent Calendar.  All that's needed is the stitch the numbers on and sew the fronts to the backs!  Yea!  
If that gets done, I'll also be pulling stitches from the #1 Year of Stitches (see below).  

Then, if there's time, I'd love to bind this CIL square turned potholder/hot pad.  I squared it too small, so now it has a new life!

One Year of Stitches.
I've been completely unmotivated to stitch on this project and today I realized why:  the red words in the stem stitch.  simply look messy to me.  I prefer the clarity of the back stitch.  So, I'll be redoing them.  
Can you see me smiling?  I love when I can figure out what's bothering me about a project!


Saturday's Song
As you know, this week we will probably be wrapping up our almost two year study of the book of Philippians.  My first post on Philippians was on July 20, 2016!  Wow!  

Lately I've been seeking God for a new direction for this blog.  He is faithful and has clearly led me to begin a study for those of us who have loved ones in our lives who are struggling with alcoholism, addiction and other life issues. It ties in with my Scripture for 2018:  
 My #1 Year of Stitches also began with this verse.  A dear friend and I were talking and I told her how my #1 Year of Stitches calms me as I focus on God's Word.  As the storm swirls about me, I'm learning to sit still and stitch, reminding myself that all I can do is be still and know He is God.  She came up with the title for this new series:

Still Stitching

For now, let's remember 
that He is the God 
of the hills and valleys, 
dear reader.


  

Linking up to

I love reading and responding to them!

15 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - me, too! So far, so good! I'm able to fulfill my responsibilities with my student teachers, visit with grandbabies (though not play too much), and even get in a bit of housework. The pain is still there, but not life controlling, praise God! Thank you so much for hosting the Stash Report! Your link up is so helpful - I'll always be grateful to you for helping me be more responsible with my acquisitions! :)

      Delete
  2. It is lovely that you combine your scripture and stitch time. Thank you for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne! It helps me to focus on God's work more deeply. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I think that sounds like a very interesting bible study. I would be interested in joining you in a study for those with loved ones struggling with addiction. I have many in my life who struggle with such issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your encouraging words have stayed with me since I read them! I was hesitant to start this study, but the LORD was gently persistent. Your words have blessed me beyond measure. We will be starting this week. I'll contact you with the first post. Blessings, courage and strength to you!

      Delete
  4. Please remember me if and when you do start such a study. Thank you and I hope you have less pain soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will let you know! You have been in my mind since I read your comment. Hugs to you!

      Delete
  5. You are so akin to my heart. I've crocheted since a child, love doing crafts or anything new, and digital graphics. I journal in my bible for clarification of my reading, and I love that you stitch. What a great idea. I've done embroidery, but never done a quilt. It is all therapy for me and keeps my mind active as I age. So loved seeing your link on Sunday Scripture Blessings so I could come visit. Thank you for sharing. Prayers for your continued remission.

    Peabea from Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the exact reason I love link up parties – we find kindred spirits! I wonder who taught you to crochet. I’ve tried Bible Journaling, but alas, drawing eludes me. Instead needle and thread, yarn and hooks are my artistic tools. Yes! Crafting is part of my therapy and definitely keeps my mind sharp as well! Great minds think alike! I’ve added Sunday Scripture Blessings to my list of Sunday link ups! Thank you so much for hosting!

      Delete
    2. In answer to who taught me to crochet...my aunt was the crafter. She crocheted lots of things and even beautiful bedspreads. My mom just wasn't really into crafting at all. Neither are my sisters. She taught me when I was in grade school. Then later on, I bought books and learned more of the stitches. I am now trying my hand at knitting, but find it harder and slower. :)

      Delete
  6. You have been very busy keeping yourself focused on things to relieve the pain. I think the little potholder is just the thing to make you smile in the kitchen when using it. A friend of mine recently gave me a devotional book called Jesus Always and each day starts out with an uplifting passage and scripture. I highly recommend it if you don't already know about Sara Young's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I so appreciate your recommendation of Jesus Always! I will look into it as well as Sara Young’s books! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. So sad that you have so much pain. I just read that in Norway there would be more focus on late injuries after chemotherapy. Many people struggle with different pain and ailments. Thank you for the good scripture you share and for the song. Yes, it's good to know that God is always with us. I want to share this song with you today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTl4tUYIAg
    I love your potholders/hot pad. Lovely fabrics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete