Friday, March 9, 2018

Philipppians 4:21. To Do Tuesday on a Friday!

Philippians 4:21
Scripture

Observation
To greet all of God's people...so loving to let them know Paul is thinking of them.  Also, can you imagine the brothers and sisters who are with Paul, perhaps even listening as he may have dictated his letter?

I wonder if many of these had family who heard the greetings?  Greetings filled with love sent via the pages of a letter.  Beautiful.

Application
In this age of technology, we seem to be losing the art of letter writing.  Perhaps I need to pick it up again....

Also, I've noticed that whenever I'm on the phone with loved ones, especially my parents, we end our conversations sending greetings to everyone in our two homes - as well as saying, "I love you."  In fact, during my daily calls to Dad, "I love you," are the last words we say to each other.  Greetings filled with love.

Prayer
Father God, thank you for the word "greetings"!  I love envisioning Paul sending his greetings as well of those of the brothers and sisters who are with him.  I'm so grateful that I can still share greetings of love with my parents.  Thank you, Abba, for that gift.  Amen.

To Do Tuesday
Last Week's List 
1) Even though I'm working more this week, I think I'll be able to finish the second Tumbling Blocks prototype. This one is going much better!  Done!


2) Finish crocheting five blue and yellow flowers of the Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet ! I wonder if adding starting to join them is too much for my hands?  We'll see......  Done!

3) Use up the rest of the strings for the CIL blocks. Done!

4) Make progress on Prayer Shawl #7. This week our Cancer Care Group meets, so I'll be able to work on this one.  I usually reserve this project for this meeting night.  Done!

5) Pray my prayer and memorize Genesis 50:20a  A friend at church recommended using Post-It notes all around the house to memorize Scripture.  I'm going to try that.  LORD knows I have enough of them! Done!

This Week's List
Being that my last To Do Tuesday was 2 1/2 weeks ago - of course it got finished - thankfully!
Here's my new list which will be short because Tuesday is just around the corner!

1) Do a fabric pull for the new Y-seams Tumbling Blocks prototype with my new Accuquilt Die

2)  Finish joining Row 2 of the Maria's Blue Crayon Spring Granny Afghan Crochet.


3) Do a fabric pull for the new CIL block drive.  

4) Finish the Felt Nativity Calendar.
  I only need 3 more ornaments!



 I hope you check out these fun link ups!  






12 comments:

  1. I like your To-Do List. I am participating in Covered in Love Block drive too. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How neat that we are both in the came drive - CIL! Yes, it is a great feeling! I so enjoy making those blocks!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so much progress! Your points are looking fantastic on the Tumbling Blocks quilt! The felt Nativity calendar is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really tried on the Tumbling Blocks quilt! I can hardly wait for Midterms to be over so that I can work on the next one! I didn't get to the Nativity calendar this week, hopefully this week! I look forward to finishing it and giving it to my granddaughter!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Yes, my husband, adult children & grandchildren all end our time together with "I love you."
    As none of us know when our time will come or theirs!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I love that we have these wonderful traditions of love and family. We are indeed so blessed!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on all completed projects! Your tumbling blocks are so nice. The bright colors give joy. It seems nice to have a plan of what you want to do. I'm not good at it. When I get home from work in the afternoon I am often tired and little is done. But today I'm on the sewing room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I worked full time - and even now that it's a few hours a week - it's hard to get things done - crafting, blogging - anything! I'm so glad you had a day in your sewing room! Yea!

      Delete
  5. You have accomplished so much it must feel great! Great Job! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was happy to have items finished! I'm eager to accomplish more after Midterms! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Lots of finishes for you, Patricia! Love the felt nativity!

    ReplyDelete