Monday, March 19, 2018

Still Stitching #2. Stitching with Love. Book Date.

Still Stitching #2
Perhaps you’ve been heartbroken over the decisions of a loved one?
Perhaps your pain is so great you only have strength to move from your bed to the sofa and back again? 

I’ve learned that depression is not all bad, in fact it can be productive.  A friend who has lived with depression told me that she uses that time to ask God what she is to learn during this darkness.  He has been faithful to respond.

So, as I lay in God’s green pastures and quiet waters, I made friends with depression and asked my LORD and Savior to teach me.  And He did.  He brought a person into my Al-Anon group who listened to my story with understanding and compassion.  When it was his turn to share, he shared five life-changing points that he learned from a 80+ year-old lady.  They flamed my flickering hope into flames of victorious faith.  So, I’ll share them with you. 

Point 1:
Pray for the courage and strength
to walk away and
for peace in the midst of it.

As you can imagine, this was grueling – to pray for and to do.  But, God moved and showed me clearly that this was what I had to do. 

Joshua 1:9 kept popping up in my readings and in sermons at church.  Notice the similarity of the wording.
This was no coincidence.  God moved even more, to confirm that this step had to be taken - for my own good and for the good of my dear loved one.
To be continued.

Stitching with Love
CIL Squares 
The current CIL Block Drive will be using blue colors.  I've pulled this fabric and will be making them soon!  

Comfort Dolls

Comfort Dolls are given to the brave women in domestic violence shelters.  The originator, Pat Winters, gave me permission to make them for cancer patients.  They will now have a little softie to comfort them as they go through various tests, treatments, effects of chemotherapy and the year after treatment.  Very little fabric is needed for these dolls.  It could even be considered a scrap project.  They are quite simple - as  you can see by the pattern I drew out on Pattern Ease.
Here's the fabrics I've chosen!


I'm off to sew now!
Book Date


Image result for the story the bible as one continuing story of god
https://www.amazon.com/
NIV-Story-Audio-CD-Continuing/
dp/0310421772
The Story continues to bless me.  I'm seeing God's word in a whole new light as I read through this book.  Just in case you're interested, my church, Heart for the World,  provides some awesome study outlines that enrich my reading experience.  



https://www.amazon.com/
Quilters-Homecoming-
Creek-Quilts-Book/
dp/0743260236
https://www.amazon.com/
Circle-Quilters-Elm-Creek-Quilts/
dp/B000WPOM8E
I not only finished The Quilter's Homecoming by Jennifer Chiaverini, but also A Circle of Quilters!  Both were audio books, so I feel like I'm cheating, but during the university semester, audiobooks are the way for me!  





Why the Sky Is Blue
https://www.goodreads.com/book/
show/835448.Why_the_Sky_Is_Blue
Why the Sky is Blue by Susan Meissner is a deep book filled with real emotions and struggles.  I am so eager to see how the protagonist finds her way through her challenging circumstances.  I am also reading eagerly to see how the LORD works in her life.  



Check out these fun link ups!



You make my day with your comments!  

I love reading and responding to them!

4 comments:

  1. Oh those Comfort Dolls are wonderful and what a great idea. I've read the some of the Chiaverini quilt books and must read some more. If I see a book around that has a quilt theme in it I usually opt for it! Have a couple coming up. I really enjoyed Emilie Richard's Shenandoah series. It is what hooked me into quilting. I'd like to read When the Sky is Blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also read books with a quilt theme in it as well! They inspire me to sew. I'll look up the Emilie Richard's series and put it on my "Want to Read" list. That's awesome that you were inspired to quilt by this series! Thank you for sharing! I get a lot of reading ideas from your blog as well as the Book Date link up! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for the inspiration you give us on Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are enjoying the posts! Thank you for hosting!

      Delete