This title is from a reading in Praying Through Cancer by Susan Sorenson and Laura Geist. It was recommended to me by a lady I met at our local breast cancer survivor's meeting. I highly recommend giving it to anyone you know who is going through cancer. Today I read "Firmly Held" by Melinda Merwin. This quote stood out to me:
"When my hold on You is weak,
Your grip on me is firm."
- Melinda Merwin
How true is that? Please note, even
- when our faith is weak,
- when our fears are strong,
- when our hope is flickering,
- when our hold on His is weak - or we have let go of Him,
HIS HOLD ON US IS FIRM!
Melinda Merwin's scripture reference was Isaiah 41:13.
For I am the LORD your God,
who takes hold of your right hand and
says to you,
"Do not fear, I will Help you."
Please see the visual in this verse - it is God who is taking hold of our right hand - not the other way around. He takes hold of us. So,
- when our faith is weak - He takes hold of us,
- when our fears are strong, - He takes hold of us,
- when our hops is flickering - He takes hold of us,
- When our hold is weak o or we have let go of Him - He takes hold of us!
Hallelujah! Sometimes, in the midst of a crisis, I have to simply allow myself to just be held by my loving Father.
Which leads me to another "song lesson" I learned while in El Paso.
My dear loved one, in faith allow yourself to
Just Be Held.
For today, this is my truth!