Saturday, January 16, 2016

Human Again! Reading Challenge. Denying Myself. Trusting God - Again.

Why Comparison Really Is The Thief of Joy
http://theodysseyonline.com/arcadia/why-comparison-really-is-the-thief-of-joy/159836

Human Again!
Yea!  I finally feeling human again!  I haven't completely kicked my cold, but, praise God!  It's almost all gone!  Oh!  To feel good again!  It's wonderful!


Reading Challenge.  Denying Myself.

Lately I have found myself desiring so much more from my inbox.  I subscribe to many crafting blogs I enjoy, but I wanted more.  So, I started looking around and found Rachel Wojo's awesome Bible Reading Plan!  My husband and I have started it and it's awesome!  
Today's reading was Luke 9:23-27:
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
27 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
(https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+9:23-27)
There is so much to glean from this reading, but today, my thoughts were:  "If I 'deny myself' to follow Christ, am I really denying myself?  No!  "...whoever loses his life for Me will save it."  Amen!  I gain so much by following Christ daily, by denying social media, the internet, technology, and dare I say, even my family, so that I may spend a few precious moments with my Lord and Savior!  When I do this, I am a mother, wife, friend, crafter.......a better me!  It's all worth it!  

Trusting God - Again


There are times we face a situation that we don't really understand what God is doing in our lives .  Well, sometimes He works through us via confusing and hard times to do a work in us.  Sometimes, He uses difficult situations to complete a work in those around us.  These situations are completely out of our control, but we know Who is in control.  Sometimes, all we need to do is Be still and know He is God.  
be-still-and-know-that-i-am-god
And then Let go and Let God  - with joy and faith!  

 In 2015, I learned to trust Him - and I bet He'll give me more "learning opportunities in 2016!  Trust Him - He's extremely "trustable"!  

And for today, this is my truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment