Friday, December 4, 2015

Surgery. The End of the Journey?



Surgery.  The End of the Journey? 
Today, in fact in 12 hours I'm having what should be my last treatment - the surgery to remove my chemotherapy port!!!  Yes!  It's an exciting a time.  Yet, somehow, as I sit in my living room typing at almost 2:00 in the morning, it feels anti-climatic.  Is this journey really over? 

No, it isn't. 

I realize it will never be over.   I'm a cancer thriver now.  My life will never be the same.  This part of the battle against breast cancer will be over, but it feels like the war will continue for the rest of my life.  After visiting with other cancer survivors, I realize that I will wonder, "Will it come back?"   In spite of these thoughts,

I know in Whom I can rest and trust. 
I know Who holds my future. 
I know ever day is a gift to me from Jesus Christ.
The least I can do is give Him the gift of my life - of a life fully lived in His will.

I have to believe that there will come a day when the words "breast cancer" or even "cancer"  won't enter my thoughts.  Will that day come?  I wonder......

Either way, tomorrow is the end of this part of the journey.  Now my husband and I, along with our family and friends, can begin the process of healing, of discovering what our new normal will be.  

I want to share a scripture, an image, something wonderful that will inspire you, as well as myself.  But, there's nothing at this point.  Nothing the Lord is leading me to write, except what I've already written. 

I'm moving forward to whatever God has in store for me.  And I trust Him.

For today, that is my truth.


http://www.bestfreewebresources.com/35-breathtaking-examples-of-road

No comments:

Post a Comment