Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Taste and see. Live! Olaf.


November 25, 2015

Taste and see


https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8428/7763741378_23daa10991_b.jpg
A year ago this was the week I began the journey into the world of breast cancer – and a deeper relationship with my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, as well as with my loved ones.  During my devotional time, I had to ask myself the question: “Am I hurt with the LORD for sending me on this journey?”  Admittedly, yes, I am a little.  Yet, honestly, how can I be angry or even hurt – really?
 
Taste and see that the LORD is good;
Psalm 34:8a

Yes, I did taste!  I leaned on Him!  I continue to learn to lean on my loving friends and family – those He placed in my path for such a time as this.  I now realize that those months spending – sometimes literally all day – in His Word as we prepared to leave Okinawa were part of the preparation for such a time as this. 

 Indeed, this past year I was blessed as I took refuge in Him.  What choice did I have?  I gladly took refuge in Him!  He’s all I know.  He’s proven His steadfastness, love, comfort, strength, grace, mercy, (did I mention love?), and wisdom over and over.  Who else would I turn to, but Him?  Him!  My loving Father, my Comfort, my Strength!  By the way, He’s all these to you as well. 

As I review the blessings my loved ones and I experienced over this past year, the way God worked through us to minister, the way others ministered to us, the wisdom gained, the deeper relationships developed, the newfound joy and serenity I have, all I can say is, “God is good all the time, all the time, God is good!”
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
But those who seek the LORD lack no good thing (!).
Psalm 34:10

Live!
I spent six weeks in a hotel as I received my daily radiation treatments.  On the way to the doctor's office I listened to KLOVE radio station.  It's a great station that played so many songs that ministered deeply.   "Good to Be Alive" by Jason Gray was one of those songs!


 

 Olaf
Here's a picture of a couple of Christmas gifts I made for my grandbabies.  On my husband's request, I'm making another one for our youngest grandbaby.  When he saw his brother's and sister's, he hugged it deeply.  So, he gets one, too!
 
I got the pattern from One Dog Woof.  My Olaf's nose looks huge in the pic - but I promise, he is not all nose! 
 
And for today, this is my truth! 
Love and Blessings!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment