Tuesday, December 8, 2015

One Day at a Time. Just Be Held.

One Day at a Time.
So, I've been pondering this whole Breast Cancer Survivor issue.   In my humble opinion, there is no "right" way to continue life after breast cancer treatments are over.  It's an extremely personal and individual journey.  Naturally, one would hope that we recover and rebuild our lives in a healthy manner. 
 
I've never done this before.  Have no idea how to do survive breast caner after treatments are over.  I have spent the last year fighting, yes my friend, fighting breast cancer, fighting for my life.  And now I've won.  Now what?
 
Go forth and live my life, you say.  Yes.  Obviously.  But how? 
 
Right now my life feels like a Tetris game.  I've built up all these rows and finally got the one long piece that will wipe them out.  My foundation is gone. 
 
Time to rebuild.  One day at a time.  Trusting in God.  One day at a time.  It's a process, a slow one. 
 
There's so much I want to do, yet I sense the Holy Spirit telling me, "Whoa, Horsey!  Take your time!  It's a process."
 
One day at a time.  There is no safer place to be than waiting on the will of God (Majetta Morris, Okinawa, Japan). 
 
One day at a time. 

http://quotesgram.com/one-day-at-a-time-taking-it-quotes/#I2FxbNI7v7

  Just Be Held.
So while I'm walking on the beach with my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, taking life one day at a time and trusting Him, I'll follow the advice in this song by Casting Crowns.
 

 
 
So, I'll move forward one day at a time and just be held. 
 
Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
 
And when you’re tired of fighting
 Chained by your control
There’s freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
 
So when you’re on your knees and answers seem so far away
You’re not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world’s not falling apart, it’s falling into place
I’m on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held
 
If your eyes are on the storm
You’ll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You’ll know I always have and I always will
 
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you’ll understand
I’m painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
 
Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you’ll find Me
And where you are, I’ll hold your heart
I’ll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won’t let go


No comments:

Post a Comment