Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Houston Here We Come Part 2

Well, on Monday my husband, my hero, had us up,  packed and ready to leave by 630 in the morning.  

Then I called MD Anderson and found out that I absolutely had to have authorization before they would see me - if we went self-pay, they would need a $21,000 deposit!  They would hold my appointment until 12 PM. Long story short, we got authorization and confirmation of our appointment at 11:45 AM.

We picked up my son and began our long drive to San Antonio. We spent the night there and then headed to Houston the next morning.  

Today I had a digital mammogram and an ultrasound mammogram on both breasts as well as the lymph nodes. Sadly, one lymph node was suspicious and was positive for cancer. Tomorrow I'll see the surgeon and I guess he'll let us know our options.

I'm sad and frightened. I never expected this, as my local radiologist and physicians said the lymph nodes were clear. This one lymph node was difficult to find, even the radiologist here couldn't find it today!  The tech found it and pointed out to him. She has 20 years experience preforming ultrasounds versus the tech back home who couldn't been older than 25 years old. 

Afterwards, we went to the Houston Zoo.  Tomorrow we have plans to go bike riding and then to my afternoon appointment. A childhood friend will be joining us tomorrow night and staying with us. I'm so excited to see her!  

God is good all the time, all the time God is good. I don't know what the future holds us, I know who holds the future. Today, at the zoo, I saw a huge bird. It was so strange because it was standing so very still.  Psalm 46:10 came to mind: Be still and know I am God. So I will do exactly that and lean on his everlasting arms.

Last Thursday night the term "loving witnesses" came up in the reading. And I realized that that's what you all are for me,  loving witnesses to this journey. My heart is filled with gratitude for you.  As it says in Philippians, I thank God every time I think of you. Each one of you. Thank you for being my loving witness.

And for tonight, my dear friends and family, this is my truth. 






No comments:

Post a Comment