Sunday, May 23, 2021

Our Rock. Arsenic and Adobo. Stash Report. To Do Tuesday. Slow Stitching for Christmas. My Likes!

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

God is God.
There is no other.
He is not a rock,
He is The Rock,
the author and finisher of our faith.
On Him we can most certainly stand with confidence!
Amen?

BOOK DATE

Currently Reading
This book is moving slowly for me....

We had our first book club on the first five chapters of Arsenic and Adobo and laughed the evening away as neither of us have participated in a book club before, so our methodology was so different.  This book is a fun, light-hearted read.  

STASH REPORT & SLOW STITCHING
By finishing the dish scrubbers, that's one UFO down!
A bit of yardage was used for the dish scrubbers - which I love by the way!  

Yarny numbers are basically the same, with the exception of purchasing more yarn for the third prayer shawl I'm making in this color.  This will be my slow stitching project for today's link up at Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching!




TO DO TUESDAY




 Last Week's List
Not everything was finished as DH took off a few days this week to "supervise" some remodeling projects.  😉
It was nice to have some quality time together.
* Stitch up the next 10 Qube Crush blocks. 
* Continue progress on the prayer shawl. 👍In a way, I met my goal and then found a huge error!  Consequently, two feet of the shawl had to be ripped out!  On the bright side, that means more prayer time for my friend as I work on her shawl.  
* Finish this mitten 👍
* Stitch binding on Gecko quilt, then hand stitch it next week.  
👍
UFO:  Make experimental dish sponges (updated:  5/25:  they have double layers of tulle on the back which makes them great scrubbies) similar to these (about 30 min.) 👍
*UFO:  Fix masks (about 30 min.) Nope!

This Week's List
1.  Stitch up the next 10 Qube Crush blocks.   
2.  Continue progress on the prayer shawl. 
3.  Hand stitch binding on Gecko quilt.
4.  UFO:  Fix masks (about 30 min.)
UFO:  4 mending projects
UFO:  finish up a nursery rhyme fabric book

I LIKE....
During our early morning walks/therapy sessions, a friend and I found some interesting discoveries!  Check out this wonderful cactus bowl!  I hope we see it again after it blooms!

These yellow broomsticks are gorgeous!  I was able to grow them in Eastern NM, but I tried growing them twice here in Southern New Mexico, but failed.  Any hints?  

Rock art is becoming quite the thing in my neighborhood!  These guys are going for a hayride!

Isn't this Lady Bug Crossing the cutest?


Kitty is determined win Mia over as a snuggle buddy! 



14 comments:

  1. Great projects. Love the color of that prayer shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unexpected rock art, we go for a walk in the forest and happen upon the most interesting rock art left there,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mittens are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So assuring to know we have The Rock to stand on. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Noel mitten, with the L being a stocking! Hope you enjoyed your book club - I love mine. Those reusable sponges look like a great project to make. I'll have to try that! Fun finds on your walk, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mitten is cute, love the rocks you have found on your wanders. Oh I hope you see the cactus blooming and share with us. Great likes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! Loads of great things to note. I like to look at your tables and I wish I had more desire to keep track like that. Pretty shawl and Christmas stitching. Your comments about God reminded me of the old hymn that's been in my head lately, Reach out and touch the Lord as He passes by, you'll find He's not too busy to hear your heart's cry. I can't remember the rest but always loved it when sung in church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those check marks are always so nice to see on our lists. Good luck with next week's! Thanks for linking up with To-Do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ladybug crossing! Can you show the back of the scrubbies? Or did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arsenic and Adobo looks like fun! And your book group sounds fun, too. Enjoy!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not seen full rock art scenes. We did have some passing around of individual painted rocks. I haven't tried it. Like the idea of the dish sponge/scrubbie. It would be a great way to use up some fabric and netting. (Except I bet I have tulle which might be too soft. May have to think on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayer shawls are such a special gift. God bless your friend!

    ReplyDelete