Sunday, August 18, 2019

Saturday's Song: I'll Find You. Slow Stitching. Stash Report

Saturday's Song
Here's a song that may surprise you because it's Christian rap.  My son raps and many of his songs are faith based. This song by Lecrae made me think of him and other young people.  Then I saw the video.
Here's the story behind the song.  My dear, be your battle cancer or something else, God will find you.  Open your heart to Him.  

When I was weak as a kitten during treatment, I was never alone.  He was there directing my path.  Please know that you are not alone.  He'll find you if you allow your heart to be open.  
I'll Find You

Lecrae
Just fight a little longer my friend

It's all worth it in the end
But when you got nobody to turn to
Just hold on, and I'll find you
I'll find you
I'll find you
Just hold on, and I'll find you
I'm hanging on by a thread

And all I'm clinging to is prayers
And every breath is like a battle
I feel like I ain't come prepared
And death's knockin' on the front door
Pain's creepin' through the back
Fear's crawlin' through the windows
Waiting for em' to attack
They say "Don't get bitter, get better"
I'm working on switching them letters
But tell God I'ma need a whole lotta hope keeping it together
I'm smilin' in everyone's face
I'm cryin' whenever they leave the room
They don't know the battle I face
They don't understand what I'm going through
The world
Source: LyricFind
My dear, Jesus is calling, but you have to do your part.  Did your read what it is?  Open the door.  Open the door to your heart.  Will you do that?  
Slow Stitching
I started this Dresden Plate Mini Quilt and decided to hand applique the plates.  This will be my project today.  

Stash Report
Fabric Usage
Finishing my Morning Glory quilt really added to my numbers!
last week - 14.75/100 yards  
this week -  29.05/100 yards
Yarn Usage 
last week - 103.5/300 ounces
this week - 107/300 ounces

I hope you check out these parties!
Slow Stitching Sunday @ Kathy's Quilts
Sunday Stash@ Quilt, Paint, Create




Your comments are so appreciated!  I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that song. The message is so reassuring. The dresdens are so cute. I think I could use up a lot of creative time just cutting and sewing those little plates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish! Dresdens are one of my favorite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome to feel his presence in health and sickness. Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a dresden, but I have a ruler and it's on my "rountuit" list! LOL Thank you for sharing that song. As a retired nurse, I remember so many people who were going through hard times and diagnoses. I am thankful so many allowed me to share my faith with them. This would be a perfect verse to pass out, along with an embroidered free standing lace angel. We are so blessed that when we seem to not be able to find God, He finds us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful poems, and it is so wonderful to read that God carried you through time of cancer treatment.
    Your dresden is beautiful! Have a nice week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dresdens are so pretty! Enjoy stitching!
    Enjoyed the song... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is good rap. =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete