Monday, August 19, 2019

Monday's Strength. Stitcher's Garden. Book Date.

Monday's Strength
Lately I've been enjoying reading Colossians very slowly and journaling about it in my Happy Planner Faith Edition.  I was struck by how similarly Paul began his letters to the Colossians and the Philippians.  


He tells them that he thanks God for them when he remembers/prays for them and why he is grateful for them.  He then goes onto  say how he is praying for them.  This pattern is followed in many of his other letters to various groups.
I wonder how our world would change if we greeting each other by sharing how grateful we are for them and why, as well as how we are praying for them?  
Powerful stuff there.  Let it begin with me.

Stitcher's Garden Blocks
As you may have read, these last weeks have been very active, leaving little time for sewing.  I've decided to postpone starting the Garden Snail Quilt until I get caught up with my BOMs!  
Here are three more blocks from my Stitcher's Garden.  I'm not sure if they need another border, so I'll be asking my teacher on Wednesday.  




Book Date
Current Reads
5970496   
The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt: Inspiring Letters from Farm Women of the Great Depression and 99 Quilt Blocks That Honor Them


Finished
34840184
🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

1596598
🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Thief of Corinth

                       ðŸŒ ðŸŒ ðŸŒ ðŸŒ 


Educated

                           ðŸŒ ðŸŒ ðŸŒ ðŸŒ ðŸŒ 

1 comment:

  1. Such delicious looking books! I know not to judge a book by its cover ... so I throw in the title first. LOL I will have to try some of those. Do you know Connilyn Cossette's books? If not, you'd probably enjoy them. The Stitcher's Garden blocks are wonderful, and three of them! Good progress. I was so surprised when I started reading Corinthians last week, because I had never noticed that Paul DIDN'T begin their letter in that manner. They had apparently be straying afar. I would much rather live in the city which earned this praise for doing the right thing, I believe. I would love to receive such a letter, and will have to remember to begin more of my missives to friends with a positive and encouraging note like Paul's. Thanks for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete