Thursday, February 21, 2019

Wednesday's Word. I Like.

Wednesday's Word
As I reread Don't Throw in the Towel, Hope Again!, by Jana Alcorn, I thought of  my dad.  We heard the "official" diagnosis:  Stage 4 Prostate Cancer with metastasis to most of his bones and to his lymph nodes with a life expectancy of 18 months if he responds well to treatment.  
Quite a mouthful.
But,
God
is 
bigger
than
cancer.
He knows and holds my dad and all of us in the palm of His hands.  I respect, value and even love most of  my doctors, but my faith is in Jesus Christ.  

I trust Him unequivocally.  

There are many situations in my life and my friends' lives right now that are heartbreaking.  Then, as I read and rewrote my daily Scripture, I was encouraged.  
My own experience with cancer has a purpose and it has been revealed to me: to now minister to my dad as he faces his own journey with cancer.

His ways are higher than our ways.  I am strengthened, even as I weep, by my precious LORD and Savior.  He knows the way we take and has prepared the way ahead of us.  His love is indeed like a waterfall!




I Like
I like linking up to Lee Anna's I Like Thursdays! (@ Not Afraid of Color)!  

We took a quick trip to Santa Fe and found tons of eye candy!
 The Express Train that runs between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
 A wall mural of a dinosaur popping out of the wall.  This looks 3D, but is actually painted flat on the wall!  Such talent!

I discovered a new to me favorite artist!  Here is her webpage!  Everything she creates is stitched up on a vintage sewing machine!  This video may interest you.
"Feeling Sorry for Pluto" 


A sail boat sail with its sail made out of vintage gloves.
 



This bird is all stitched up!

Of course, I picked up a bit of fabric!
Some is mine or will be gifted, 

 some will be sewn up into a gift, 
 some will make my daughter so happy!


Take good care, dear ones!

I have been a bit overwhelmed with life in general, but I so enjoy your comments.  I will get back to you!  Thank you for you love and support!

4 comments:

  1. what a good post Pat... hope your father finds the strength he needs to face this. You too. Love the train, and the wall painting, well all the art was superb. Great fabric choices... welcome back!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeeAnna! I love visiting the shops and museums in Santa Fe. So much eye candy, inspiration as well as the chance to peek into the lives of the past. Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. The artist's work is amazing. I shall go explore her website. Thanks for sharing your finds.
    My best wishes to you and your father. May you also be able to find peace and joy through your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Su-siee! Her work is gorgeous! I hope you enjoyed your visit to her website. I loved her sense of humor! Daddy is doing well and I have been able to find peace and joy! Thank you! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete