Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday's Strength. Book Date. Pressing On.

Monday's Strength
God's timing is perfect.  His ways are higher than our ways.  I realizes this even more when remembered sharing  this verse not long ago.   
Two days later, I leaned on it - hard.
My dad has been diagnosed with METS - metastatic cancer.  You can read more about it here.  
So, yes, I am leaning on this verse as well as many others.  My daughter sent me this song.  


God is good - all the time.  All the time, God is good.  We can indeed trust Him.


Book Date
There hasn't been a lot of changes on the reading front.  I am still enjoying Greater Love, though.  

Slow Reads
The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV
The Story continues to bless me.
                                     Current Reads
Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World
Anxious For Nothing by Max Lucado.  
Current Audiobooks
Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
Finished
No finishes this week!  :)


Pressing On!
I press on toward the goal...Philippians 3:14a 
Here are last week's Pressing On goals:  
1.  Finish one crocheted dishcloth. ✔  I finished 4 of them.  I'm sticking to the same pattern and they're coming out faster.  
2.  Here's an ambitious one:  Finish the Prayer Afghan.   X At this point, I believe portable projects are best for me.  
3.  Sew the first two Morning Glory Blocks together.  


4.  Slow Stitching on my GFG and a new QAL that I couldn't resist:  the Hand Pieced QAL over with Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin at Simple. Handmade.  Everyday.   ✔  For a variety of reasons, the blocks I shared last week became practice blocks .  Here are the "real" ones that I shared on yesterday's Slow Stitching Sunday post.  
 Blocks 1 (below)  and 2 (above)



Here are this week's Pressing On goals:  
1.  Finish one crocheted dishcloth. 
2.  Sew the third Fall Into A Quilt QAL block.
3.  Sew the third Hand Pieced QAL  block.   

With my Dad's diagnosis, I will keep my goals short and sweet.


Monday's Link Ups

Tuesday's Link Ups
Linky Tuesday @ Freemotion by the River 
To Do Tuesday @ Stitch All Things

6 comments:

  1. It was sad to hear about your father's diagnosis. So good that you can rest in God's promises saying, "Don't be afraid, because I'm with you."
    Yes, God will go with you every minute and every day. Through the storm.
    It was a beautiful song your daughter sent you.
    All your quilt blocks are very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Birthe! I've been reading your blogs and enjoying your posts on Instagram. God is good! I am so grateful to the many who are praying for us. I have not been very afraid, but instead relying on His strength! Thank you for praying!

      Delete
  2. Love visiting to catch up on books and quilting. The hand piecing is amazing, maybe one day will give it a go. Such a difficult time with your Dad, yes your experience gives you that extra in understanding so a blessing, but still hard. Sending a prayer and a hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn! I am grateful for your effective prayers and hug! Take good care. Thinking of you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Miaismine, I love your Morning Glory blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I know your focus on what your're learning as you stitch. I've been learning to focus on the details of a quilt block. It's been a fun process. :)

    ReplyDelete