Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday's Strength. Book Dating. Pressing On!

Monday's Strength

I picked up this lesson from Jana Alcorn's book, Don't Throw in the Towel, Hope Again.  She pointed out that perhaps by Hezikiah turning to the wall, he was turning away from distractions.  Let us prayerfully turn into our wall and away from whatever may be distracting us from our precious LORD's voice.  Then, after meeting with the Source of our strength, we can courageously fight the good fight (1 Timothy 6:12).

Book Dating

The Story: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People, NIV
Though I fell behind in The Story, I'm still enjoying reading it!
Doing Busy Better: Enjoying God's Gifts of Work and Rest
Still reading this one!
Just started listening to:  Deeper Waters by Robert Whitlow.  
Six Day Hero, the Hb
Next up will be:  Six Day Hero, the Hb by Tamara Stein.  
Finished
She's In a Better Place (The Fairlawn Series Book 3) by [Hunt, Angela]
A definite 4 stars!  

Pressing On!

I press on toward the goal...Philippians 3:14a
Last week was pretty successful!  
1.  Finish these two Christmas Pillows! ✔


2.  Finish two matching machine embroidered mug rugs. I have so much to share!  I've gotten hooked on machine embroidery!  
3.  Finish one crocheted dishcloth.  I finished two!  

4.  Make progress on an afghan for a special lady.  


Here are my weekly goals for this week!


via GIPHY
1.  Stitch up some more squares for my Scrappy Four Patch!  Here's some I made during my blogging break!




2.  Prep kits for my BOMs and for a Valentines' table topper.  
3.  Finish one crocheted dishcloth. 
4.  Make progress on an afghan for a special lady.  
5.  Have you heard about American Patchwork's UFO Challenge 2019?  I joined up with two lists:  one for crochet and one for quilting. This month I'll be working on my Quilty 365 quilt  which will probably take 2 months to finish and my rainbow tablecloth   
6.  On Sundays I Slow Stitch - hand sew.  For now, I'm working on my GFG.  Kathy at Kathy's Quilts has a Slow Sunday Stitching link up that is quite motivating!  


Monday's Link Ups




Tuesday's Link Ups
Linky Tuesday @ Freemotion by the River (Tuesday)

4 comments:

  1. Been trying to send you a comment at a few of your posts so far not coming through so trying this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Story several years ago and thought it a great summarizing of the Bible stories. Beautiful quilt projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm taking it very slowly and enjoying the process. Thank you for your kind comments!

      Delete