Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Philippians 4:7 Covered in Love and Kitchen Wares Fabric Pull.To Do Tuesday.

Philippians 4:7
Scripture
Observation
What does the peace of God do?
1.  It defies understanding
2.  It guards out hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  
By the way, what does  "in Christ Jesus" mean?  Let's find out.  
Application
During this study, I read the daily verse as if seeing it for the first time with a blank slate - tabula rasa.  Then I pray (talk to God), meditate (listen to God) and write.  Finally, I try to get a somewhat big picture.  

With that in mind, I asked myself, so how do I get the peace of God?  In fact, I'd wager to bet so many people in my circle and the world are seeking peace!  

Notice how verse 7 begins with "and".  When I see the word "and" in a writing, I naturally look to what came before.  Do you?  

When I read the previous verses, I read this:
 In short, to obtain the peace of God, 
1. Rejoice
2. Be Gentle.
3. Trust.
4. Pray With Thanksgiving
Four steps to the peace of God and they begin with rejoicing.  Interesting, huh?

Prayer
Oh Abba, these last few days have been challenging, but Your people, music and faith got me through with victory.  You are so faithful to us!  Help me, I pray, to remember these for steps to Your peace!  Amen and amen.  

Last Post's To Do Tuesday  
BOMs
Keep up with Quilty 365 - Oh oh!
Crocheting
Prayer Shawl #4 - make progress - Yes, in a way...I ran out of yarn so I made this hat!  I need to find the pattern!  The main reason I chose it is because when I lost my hair during chemo, I so missed feeling it on my shoulders! This hat gives one the feeling of hair!  :)

It matches this shawl!

 Quilting
- Drunkard’s Path:  finish flimsy- Oh oh! I didn't like the sashing colors, so it'll be ripping and changing sashing this week!
- cut fabric for FAB class - Oh oh!  
- Construction Panel Baby Quilt to LAQ - Oh oh!
Slow Stitching
Fabri Flair - make progress Yes!
Reading
Own It! by Michael DiMarcoHayley DiMarco - Yes!

This Week's To Do Tuesday
BOMs
Keep up with Quilty 365
RSC – blue minis
Crocheting
  Scarf (red one)
Prayer Shawl #4 - choose yarn and pattern
Quilting
- Drunkard’s Path:  I'll be ripping and redesigning this one
- Construction Panel Baby Quilt to LAQ - on hold pending Drunkard's Path
Charity/Gift Sewing
Fabric Pull – CIL, LoterĂ­a Pot Holders & Dish towels

The Covered In Love blocks for the next two months are so pretty!  We'll be using fall colors, so this is my fabric pull.
Here is my fabric pull for the LoterĂ­a (Bingo) Pot Holders & Dish towels!

Slow Stitching
Advent Calendar – make progress
Fabri Flair - make progress 
https://www.amazon.com/
Own-Leaving-Behind-Borrowed-Faith/
dp/1433682028
Reading

Own It! by Michael DiMarcoHayley DiMarco

I'm enjoying this book.  I've started taking notes as I've read.  I'm seriously considering this text after we finish Philippians.  We'll see.....   :)







12 comments:

  1. Your crochet projects are gorgeous. I used to crochet, but then the quilting bug bit....grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Sometimes I feel like there's not enough time in the day! Scrapbooking, crochet, quilting, journaling, reading, Bible Study, embroidery, EPP, family, friends, housework, gardening, work - my what full lives we lead! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that collection of fall colors is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be making up the blocks next week - I hope! :) Thank you for stopping by and commenting! By the way, it's nice to find you on the various linky parties! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Adorable hat! Nice fabric pull for your Fall blocks. I'm going to look up the Own It! book, thanks for the mention. Have a good week on all your projects, and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I wasn't sure about Own It! at first, but I'm really liking it.....a lot to think about! Happy Fall to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your participation this week at the Show and Tell Monday !! Hug Bambi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for hosting the party! Hugs to you as well!

      Delete
  5. Love the hat you crocheted. I can just envision how lovely that would be for the wearer with the shawl! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I gave her the shawl and am eager to give her that hat next week! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Your crochet work is beautiful!! The fall fabrics are gorgeous. They will make lovely pot holders and dish towels. Just perfect!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm eager to get started!

      Delete