Monday, May 16, 2016

Proverb of the Day.

Proverb of the Day



I have met people who, upon meeting them, they would proudly share all their "ministerial" activities in their local church and community. 
Every. 
Single.  
One. 
Of. 
Them.  

Then they would ask me, "What are you doing?"

"Uhhhh....." Well.......

I have to be honest.  I have been involved in ministry in our churches over the years.  But, unless it is to encourage others, (like my dear friend who shared that she was the lay minister for newly diagnosed cancer patients)I'm extremely uncomfortable talking about it.....

Sort of like this verse:    
Be careful 
not to practice your righteousness 
in front of others 
to be seen by them.  
If you do, 
you will have no reward from 
your Father in Heaven. 
Matthew 6:1: 

I'm having some trouble explaining myself because I fear coming across as judgmental, which is not my intention.  But, this is a subject that has troubled me for some time.

Proverbs 16:2 really helps me to see that motive is so important to our precious LORD!  

Of course there are times we minister or act simply because our LORD told us to - and that is our motive.  Other times, we don't even think about our motive - we just minister - meet the need.  I just pray that, for me, my motives remain pure and next time I am in the situation I described, I will realize
1) Jesus loves me as well as the person speaking.
2) We are all at different places in our walk with the LORD - NOT better places, but different places.
3) The LORD can work through every person, every situation.  If we can keep our focus on Him, we will learn, grow and rejoice in the process.  

Dear Friend, this is my truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment