Thursday, May 12, 2016

Minutes. Proverb of the Day.

Minutes
Ok, this is going to make me sound "Type A", and, to be honest I am!  
http://www.jarofquotes.com/view.php?id=longest-minutes-ever-1-waiting-on-a-text-2-waiting-on-your-food-to-get-out-the-microwave-3-commercials-while-watching-a-good-show
You know those times when we are waiting a minute or two?  Of course you do!  

Waiting 1 1/2 minutes for the microwave to finish heating up your lunch....
we stare at the microwave cooking. 

Waiting of the computer to boot up....
we stare at the computer screen.

Waiting for our TV show to return during a commercial break....
we stare the the TV screen.

Waiting for a webpage to boot up...
we stare again at the computer screen.

Such wasted minutes add up!

I've noticed that if I turn on my microwave and preform some small task in the kitchen, the time passes faster AND I actually achieved a goal!  

Now, I turn on my computer and turn my back on it while it boots up.  That minute or two is mine.

No more sitting through almost 15 minutes of commercials during my favorite evening TV shows.  (I rarely watch TV in the daytime.)  I can actually use that time to turn down the blankets on my bed - I love getting into bed when the sheets are turned down! Or I tidy up my home so the next morning a cleaned up house greets me!

And I can accomplish small tasks at my desk as that web page is loading.

These small actions make me feel 
like my time is now truly mine.
like I'm in control of how I spend my time.
like I'm taking advantage of the day the LORD has given me.
like I have a few minutes to enjoy watching the birds play and eat.  
like I have a few minutes to just breathe......


Just Breathe
http://www.lovethispic.com/image/13315/just-breathe

Proverb of the Day

1.  Pride
2.  Lies
3.  Inflicting pain on the innocent
4.  Schemes
5.  Disregard for good
6.  Lying against another
7.  Troublemakers

According to Merriam Webster
Hate:  intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

Detestable: causing or deserving strong dislike : deserving to be detested

So, doesn't troublemakers sum the other six up?  Don't the first six in the list seem like tools a troublemaker would use?  Hmmm...Interesting.....

So, it would stand to reason that the opposite of these actions are what the LORD loves, right?
1.  Humbleness
2.  Truth
3.  Healing the innocent.
4.  Depending on His will
5.  Hold good in high regard
6.  If we must speak of others, speak the truth, speak as if they were there listening.
7.  Peacemakers

Wonderful guide for living, no?
http://whatgodhastaughtme.blogspot.com/2012/12/holy-and-righteous-living.html
Dear Friends, this is my truth!


No comments:

Post a Comment