Saturday, March 12, 2022

Weekly Word: God Sees YOU. Plus My Reading, Stitching and Gratitude This Week!

 Hello There, 

Thank you for stopping in for a visit!  Pull up a chair and relax as you read!  I hope you leave encouraged and smiling!  
This week was busy!  I had one afternoon at home and the rest of this week was jam packed with doctor appointments in Las Cruces as well as in El Paso, playing with my grandchildren and one happy social event with a new friend.  I met some goals, pushed some goals back and am learning to wait patiently on the Lord.  It's a process, isn't it?     
Here's is an index should you have a special interest you'd like to read first!  
The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as an occasional short review.      
Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects. 
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    
Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer - Here you will find updates on my post-treatment journey with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. 

The Weekly Word

Do you ever wonder, "Does God really see me?  He does, my dear, He does! The Bible study from The Names of God by Ann Spangler reminded me of just much He sees us.  To gain the full effect of this study, I read the short chapter of Genesis 16 (It's the one about Hagar running away from Sarai), and gained insight from here and here.
    
What stood out to me was when the angel of the LORD found Hagar, He did not rebuke her for fleeing; He kindly reminded her who she was (servant to Sarai) and showed interest in her as He opened the conversation with two questions:
1.  Where have you come from?
2.  Where are you going?  
When she responded that she was running away from her mistress, again, there was not judgement - only instruction to do what is right and reasonable and a promise for her future.  

Perhaps this is why Hagar's response was filled with faith and hope!  She was viewed with compassion, instruction and given hope.  She was shown that she - as well as the child she carried - were valued by God.  He had a plan for them.    


Dear one, He has a plan for you as well.  God sees you, El Roi sees you in your pain, confusion, illness, fear, frustration, hurt - He sees you and has a plan for you.  How do I know this?
Without exception, every instance  of abuse, pain and illness I have been through has served a purpose in my life by giving me an opportunity to bless others.  Though I may carry the scars, I also carry the blessing of sharing the love of God with others.  I have grown stronger, wiser, as well as more empathetic and faith-filled.  Please understand that I have my weak, tear-filled, angry moments.  I am far from perfect.   
However, I know the One who can take my weaknesses, tears, anger, fears and such and turn them to things of beauty.  He will do the same for you if you ask Him.  He sees you, He really does.

My Reading Life

After a brief email exchange with another blogger, I've decided to try and simplify life a bit starting with my reading life.  I'm such a multiple book reader and that will continue.  It's simply who I am.  However, I have decided to focus on only one hard copy book at a time.  So, though I have started many, Hurricanes in Paradise, a buddy read, is my focus this week.  My granddaughter has discovered Nancy Drew, so we are reading through her series together.
Currently Reading


Finished
⭐⭐⭐  ⭐ Infinite Country by Patricia Engel, a Columbian author, touched my heart deeply.  Her description of a courageous family's multi-year journey to be together is filled with reminders of how the ties of love remain unbroken in spite of great odds.  
⭐⭐⭐  John Grisham's The Judge's List captured my imagination as he wrote another phenomenal  realistic novel about a grieving daughter who outsmarts a serial killer.  
Or does she?  No spoilers here.  😉

Stash Report

Yarny Numbers
During all the driving this week, I finished up the last of my dishcloth yarn by making a dishcloth and a hot pad.

Fabric numbers
There's been no changes in my fabric numbers.  

To Do Tuesday

Last Week's List
1. Sunday Slow Stitching:
- Stitch up one hexie a day.   ✔ I did a few more than one a day! Moving from blues to purples. 
- Make progress on my embroidered tea towel!  ✔ 
2. Crochet: Finish 1/2 skein of blue yarn for this afghan.   ✔ Finished a bit more than the 1/2 skein!
3. Machine Sewing: Stitch up 6 blocks of Row 1 for  Pieces in the Garden ✔ I figured out that pesky scant 1/4" seam, stitched up seven blocks and prepped Row 2!  
4. Christmas Sewing List:  Prep my four grand children’s 2022 Christmas softies 
Next Up:  
- two Christmas quilts for my own home (Can you believe I haven't made me even one?!) 😲
- a Christmas table topper

This Week's List
1. Sunday Slow Stitching: Stitch up one hexie a day and make progress on my embroidered tea towel!  
2. Crochet: Finish the rest of the 2nd skein
3. Machine Sewing: Stitch up the rest of the blocks of Row 1 for  Pieces in the Garden 
4. Christmas Sewing List:  Prep my four grand children’s 2022 Christmas softies 
Next Up:  
- two Christmas quilts for my own home (Can you believe I haven't made me even one?!) 😲
- a Christmas table topper

Gratitude Journal

To top off last Sunday's cruise, we stopped at Luna Rosa Pizza and Winery and enjoyed this meal. I loved the salmon salad and resisted the pizza! Part of my transition into the Mediterranean eating lifestyle!

One amazing benefit of day long trips to the doctor is eating out! We discovered a new restaurant, Nutrismoothies and Salads, in El Paso's Lower Valley! Just look at this yummy goodness!
My daughter and grandchildren come to play with Chico and Mia when we're out all day.  The "Littles", the youngest boys, usually pick a bouquet of flowers for me.

As I tried to take a snapshot of these drawers, Chico had to model for the picture! 

This quote from Toby Mac made me think, "Ouch! So true! Time to change my stinky thinking!

My parents are settling in just fine in California. Though I still miss them terribly,
I rejoice in their new lives!

Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer

I'm still adjusting to the news that I am finally on an annual exam check up after being checked at least bi-annually since 2015!  It feels so liberating!  I had come to dread those mammograms and ultrasounds, even crying during them.  But, during this one, I had peace and even chatted through them, somehow knowing it was going to be alright.  
As my knee surgery continues to face delays, I was getting anxious. I realized I adding stress to a situation that is out of my family's and my control.  I turned to my Father in Heaven, and have released my future to Him, just as I did when going through Triple Negative Breast Cancer.  If I could trust Him with  my life, my knee is easy.  There are issues behind the scenes that God is working out, I'm sure of it.  
I tend to borrow trouble as I would love to see my parents sooner rather than later.  Every day surgery is delayed, I feel like seeing them is delayed.  
But, again, God is working the whole situation out.  I chose to have faith and trust.  
It's hard.  As negative clouds my mind and threaten to take over, I go to my Father, sometimes many times in one hour, to remind myself Who is in control.  Amen?  


Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!


Here are some blogs I sometimes link up to!
A Spirit of Simplicity
To Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal
Pictorial Tuesday @ Peabea's Photos & Scribbles
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication (Wednesdays)
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
I Like @ Not Afraid of Color (Thursday)
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (Friday)


17 comments:

  1. You have good life reminders in your post; thank you for sharing them. Glad your folks are enjoying their new lives. Congratulations on reaching annual mammo status! I receive the same kind of bouquet when our Littles come to visit. ;)
    Early thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of your parents, looks like such a peaceful scene. I have seen the Toby Mac quote before and it is something I say to my kids a lot, is it really a bad day or a bad 5 minutes? And, are you going to let it ruin the rest of your day by dwelling on it or let it go? I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies are looking great and I love your crochet project. Great news on the move to annual screenings. Love your bouquet of flowers. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are working on lovely projects, and I love that shawl. Hope your surgery can be scheduled soon, and you can visit your parents. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading this left me breathless. You are SO productive and positive! Brava!

    I am delighted that you're sharing Nancy Drew with a new generation, and I wish you nothing but good news and relief re: your knee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on reaching that milestone with your breast cancer check-ups! That is both wonderful and unnerving for a survivor - always worrying through them. My husband deals with the same emotions. I love your hexie a day project - I've been making a few of those again, they are fun to stitch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress on your hand projects! Those hexies really give you lots of practice with mitering the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have your heard the song "No Scars in Heaven". I am challenged and encouraged ever time I hear it. I hope your knee surgery happens soon. The Toby Mac quote is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to "No Scars in Heaven" and was deeply touched. Thank you so much for sharing such a special song with me. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  9. That this afghan looks so pretty.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the projects in your post. I hope your surgery gets scheduled soon for your mental well being. I know you will put your faith in God. I am glad your parents are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to be buddy reading the Nancy Drew books with your grand daughter. Wishing you peace over waiting for your knee surgery, so hard to do I am thinking. Loving your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great to catch up on so many diverse things in your life!!! Have you watched The Chosen, seasons 1 and 2?? "God sees you" is definitely one of the main themes in the series--I highly recommend it!!! Download the free app to catch up with all the episodes. Season 3 will start filming this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been busy. Love you bows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy week for you! Hang in there, your surgery date will come.

    ReplyDelete