Monday, August 10, 2015

My New Companion. Say What? A Quote.




Screenshot 18:03:14 2:11 PM
http://dishmoptop.com/tag/triple-negative-breast-cancer/
My New Companion. 
So, I have a new companion.  Her name is Fatigue.  I'm learning to make peace with her, to listen to her.  She is actually becoming a good friend.  I'm realizing that if I simply pay attention to her and follow her suggestions to rest, my life is better, my healing is better, my recovery is better. 
July was tough.  I had a hard time with Fatigue.  August has been a bit better. 
I'm learning to listen. 
I'm learning to laugh. 
I'm learning to trust. 
I'm learning.

Say What?
Ok, so my oncologist told me that the new mass was nothing - remember rejoicing with me about that?  Well, he didn't give me the whole story.  My surgeon shared the proverbial "rest of the story" with me.  The radiologist staged the mass at a Birad 4.  That basically means, "Biopsy this mass NOW."  What a shocker.  So, after dealing with doctor's and such for a week, I finally have authorization and an appointment for an ultrasound guided core needle biopsy on August 18.  If "Thing 2" is benign, we do a lumpectomy followed by 6 - 7 weeks of radiation.  If it is malignant, we do a mastectomy followed by 6 - 7 weeks of radiation.  If Jesus comes back before then, we rejoice!  I should know by the 21st at the latest. 

A Quote
I leave you with a quote from a book I just finished, The Reluctant Midwife by Patricia Harmon. 

"We all have hard lives, Becky.
Don't you know that?
Sometimes you just have to take your wounded heart out,
stitch it up,
stuff it back in your chest, and go on..."

 Indeed, as we lean on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, He will help us take out our wounded hearts, He'll stitch them up, stuff them back in our chests, and help us to go on victoriously!

My dear friend, keep fighting the good fight. 
Keep on believing. 
And believe me,
I'm preaching to myself tonight. 
For today, this is my truth. 
encouragement - retrieved from: http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/aggie352/Blogs/Sayings/661.jpg

Photo Credit: http://i1194.photobucket.com
http://www.mychristianresource.org/christmas-time-encouragement/


No comments:

Post a Comment