Pages

Psalm 23:5, Literary Life, Finding Joy

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Psalm 14:6-7 Don't You Love the Word, REFUGE? Fiber Fun, Literally Living, Finding Joy

 Hello There, 

Thank you for stopping in!  This week you'll find a continuation of our study on the Psalms and I'll share progress on some fun projects I'm working on.  

I'm loving the progress I'm making on my 3/4" hexie project, which is featured below.  It's amazing what we can accomplish by setting a goal of sewing for 15 minutes a night on one single project.  

I do hope you enjoy your visit here today!  

Take good care and, as Daddy used to say, 
"Make memories; it's later than you think."

My Father's House
Cory Asbury
HERE'S A WORD
 
As I prepped for this study, I simply highlight all the words that describe what God does for us in my Bible and make a list of them in my journal.  I'll follow the same format here. 
The Fool Says There Is No God

For the choirmaster. Of David.

1 The foola says in his heart,

“There is no God.”
They are corrupt; their acts are vile.

There is no one who does good.

2The LORD looks down from heaven

upon the sons of men

to see if any understand,

if any seek God.

3All have turned away,

they have together become corrupt;b

there is no one who does good,

not even one.c

4Will the workers of iniquity never learn?
They devour my people like bread;

they refuse to call upon the LORD.

5There they are, overwhelmed with dread,

for God is in the company of the righteous.

6You sinners frustrate the plans of the oppressed,

yet the LORD is their shelter.
7Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come from Zion!
When the LORD restores His captive people,

let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad!

Psalm 14

  • The LORD looks down from Heaven on all mankind
  • The LORD seeks any who understand 
  • The LORD seeks any who seek Him
  • The LORD is present in the company of the righteous
  • The LORD is a refuge for the poor
  • The LORD restores His people
I love how the word "refuge" is the last word in verse six.   According to Webster, it means:

safety, protection, shelter, 
be it physical or spiritual.

We can find peace, strength, security and salvation in His sanctuary if we trust in Him.  I can barely contain my joy!  We are not alone - ever.  We can find shelter tucked into Him.  It is in His refuge that He will restore us!!  He will renew us, thus giving us a reason to rejoice:  in the storm or in the calm seas, He will be there completing a good work in us.
Please know this:  
You are loved.  You are not alone.  You are being lovingly prayed for.

FIBER FUN
I broke down my "To Dos" into three categories:  Finish, Focus, Prep/make a kit, and Be Kind = Soft Deadlines.  FoF represents the Fields of Fancy BOM, which I'm doing with Liberty of London Tana Lawn fabrics.  
Last Week's List
1.  Finish - binding the black quilt Done!   Finally a finished quilt!
2.  Focus
a.  Grandchild #3's ornament Done!  Our T-Rex is slowly coming to life, head and all! Until the last few years, cross-stitching wasn't on my radar for decades, so diving into these detailed ornaments has been quite the undertaking. It hasn't been easy, but seeing the finished product makes every single stitch worth it. I just love knowing these silly, sweet pieces will bring a smile to my grandbabies' faces.  Here are the 2025 ornaments
b.  begin my Jalapeño Placemats. Done!  My daughter and I were discussing various patterns and she found this one that I immediately fell in love with.  We chose this versatile pattern (I preferred the green ones), JoeJuneandMae.  
c.  attach the binding to the Jalapeño Topper. Done

3.   Prepare/make a kit - nothing for now
4. Be kind = Soft Deadlines - which are good for my mental health!


This Week's goals


1.  Finish - binding the black quilt Done!   Finally a finished quilt!
2.  Focus
a.  Grandchild #3's ornament  I'm still hoping to stitch my goal of 10%, but due to pain, unfortunately, I'm going to have to limit my hand sewing time this week.  
b.  begin stitching my Jalapeño Placemats. 
c.  stitch the binding to the Jalapeño Topper 

3.   Prepare/make a kit - nothing for now
4. Be kind = Soft Deadlines - which are good for my mental health!

15 MINUTES TO STICH
I’m joining the Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch' challenge at Life in Pieces  helps us to develop the habit of daily sewing.  This week I decided to baste more hexagons using lighter colors.  

LITERARY LIFE   
MAILBOX MONDAY - is a gathering place for readers to share books that they added to their shelves or eBook readers the previous week.  Some of these books were recommended by you!  Do you see your reads below?  Thank all of you for sharing!
Here's what I've picked up this week.
ereaderiq.com I'm starting to post these titles on Instagram on the day I acquire them as the deals are short-term.

Review of the Week

**** Kristin Harmel's The Stolen Life of Colette Marceau introduced a new-to-me concept:  female Robin Hoods.  Collet follows her family tradition of stealing jewelry from the cruel and unkind people.  She uses these goods to fund those in need, which became vital during WWII. 

 Sadly, in one night, Collet's partner is arrested by the Nazis, her little sister is murdered, and a priceless bracelet sewn into the hem of her nightgown are lost.  

Fast forward to present day where Collett has continued to rob from the rich and unkind to support charities and she sees the bracelet in an exhibit!  She is now determined to find the answers to her guilt-ridden questions:  What happened to her sister?  Who is the rightful owner of the bracelet?  

I enjoyed Ms. Harmel's audiobook and am happy to recommend it to you.    

FINDING JOY
LeeAnna's I Like on Thursdays at Not Afraid of Color helps me consistently find the joy in every life.  Here is this week's prompt:  Did we look forward to the beginning of the school year?  Oh yes!  My favorite part were my new school supplies and exploring the changes in our school library!  

As a public school bilingual teacher, I looked forward to the first lecture of third grade as an opprotunity to begin loving and ministering to them and their families. 

Because our school was a 3rd to 5th grade school, I would tell them, "I don't care how you behaved in your previous school, today is the first day of the rest of your life.  You have a fresh start in a new school.  Your are free to begin living your new life now.  Make any changes you like - it's  your choice who you want to be."  I never realized how many students turned over a new leaf, but I was honored to give them the opprotunity.  

Though some students cried when they learned I was their teacher, those same students would cry when we broke for Christmas, Spring Break, and especially on the last day of school. For up to ten years after they left my classroom, one of my former students—who was a designated driver—would call me at midnight every New Year's Eve.

I always saw the first day of school as God changing all of our lives in a deep, meaningful manner.




Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!
 🎶Here is a list of many of the songs🎶
I've shared on this blog.

Here are the parties I sometimes link up with:  

Sundays

Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts

Sunday Salon at Readerbuzz

Stitching Stuff at Kate's Life in Pieces

Mondays

Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps

What Are You Reading at The Book Date

Tuesdays

To Do Tuesday posts at Quilt Schmilt

Thursdays

I Like on Thursdays at Not Afraid of Color


No comments:

Post a Comment