Psalm 14:5 God Help the Fools, Fiber Fun, Literary Living, Finding Joy
Hello There,
This has been a beautiful week - despite the challenges facing my loved ones. We got two days with my grandbabies - ages ten years to sixteen years. My granddaughter and I shopped, laughed, giggled, sang to songs on KLove and even purchased these micro containers of Vaseline for her friends as they return to school!
We enjoyed Taco Salad, Pizza, fudge, banana splits and even played two games of Life! Do you remember playing Life?
As I prepped for this study, I simply highlight all the words that describe what God does for us in my Bible and make a list of them in my journal. I'll follow the same format here.
6You sinners frustrate the plans of the oppressed,
yet the LORD is their shelter.
7Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come from Zion!
When the LORD restores His captive people,
let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad!
Psalm 14
The LORD looks down from Heaven onall mankind
The LORD seeks any who understand
The LORD seeks any who seek Him
The LORD is present in the company of the righteous
The LORD is a refuge for the poor
The LORD restores His people
In the face of evildoers, God sees them as well: but there they are, overwhelmed with dread. These people have chosen the path of hopelessnes. Thank God we have the hope of Jesus Christ, not only for our salvation but for the trials we face in a fallen world. We are never alone—God seeks us out! (vs. 2). He finds us.
I love the second part of verse 5: "For God is present in the company of the righteous." After a particularly vicious attack, I found myself lost in the Word seeking guidance. The LORD gave me a chapter to repeatedly re-read. I was in a situation where I had almost an hour to re-read this chapter countless times. He showed me that I was to rest in the knowledge that I was correct in my response, and to "be still and know He is God." (Psalm 46:10). He was in my company and would take care of the entire situation. And He did.
I find it difficult to believe God is simply present. When God is present, we are protected, shielded, and find peace. Sometimes, God gives us a "tune-up"—a phrase my daddy used to say as he corrected me. Even in the face of God's correction, we are still protected, shielded, and find peace in His loving presence.
What battle are you facing today? Turn to God. As the famous quote states: "Don't tell God about your problem; tell your problem about God!" Let us literally say,
"Problem, do you know who my God is? Yes, I may be uncomfortable right now,
but I am in my Father's presence!
In fact, my name is inscribed on His palms!
So, try as you may, my God is an awesome God and He's watching you.
I'm going to live my life and let my Daddy, the King of Kings, deal with you."
Amen!
Please know this:
You are loved. You are not alone. You are being lovingly prayed for.
FIBER FUN
I broke down my "To Dos" into three categories: Finish, Focus, Prep/make a kit, and Be Kind = Soft Deadlines. FoF represents the Fields of Fancy BOM, which I'm doing with Liberty of London Tana Lawn fabrics. FBF represents the Flower Box Friends BOM
Last Week's List
1. Finish - nothing is planned to be finished
2. Focus
- make more binding and attach it to my quilt Done!
- Grandchild #3's ornament Done! Can you tell that it’s a dragon’s foot and leg?
- quilt the Jalapeño topper not done
3. Prepare/make a kit - At this point nothing needs to be prepped
4. Be kind = Soft Deadlines - which are good for my mental health!
This Week's goals
1. Finish - 2 FOF hexies
2. Focus
- quilt the table topper!
- Grandchild #3's ornament
- binding the black quilt
3. Prepare/make a kit - review the scraps from the Jalapeño Topper to prep the matching placemats
4. Be kind = Soft Deadlines - which are good for my mental health!
15 MINUTES TO STICH
I’m joining the Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch' challenge at Life in Pieces helps us to develop the habit of daily creativity. This week I’ve been working on my three-quarter inch scrappy hexagon project for Kate’s 15 minutes a day. Somewhere I had read a blogger made a hand-stitched hexagon quilt in only one year. I wonder if I can finish this project by July 2027?
This week I stitch these rows together. I worked on it 5/7 days this week.
LITERARY LIFE
MAILBOX MONDAY- is a gathering place for readers to share books that they added to their shelves or eBook readers the previous week. Some of these books were recommended by you! Do you see your reads below? Thank all of you for sharing!
***** The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa is such a sweet tale told from the perspective of Nana, a former stray cat. Satoru, the human who used to feed Nana, ends up adopting him due to unexpected circumstances. Life is smooth—until it's not. The pair take a journey in Satoru's van to visit friends from various stages of his life, hoping one of them can adopt Nana.
Arikawa describes this journey beautifully, leaving the reader a trail of breadcrumbs to understand past and future events. Nana is so delightfully snarky, yet fiercely loyal and true in his love for Satoru.
On a side note, over the last year or so, I've noticed that so many of the books I pick up surprise me by dealing with grief. Even the movies we randomly watch seem to follow this theme. If your heart is heavy, pick up a copy or the audiobook of The Travelling Cat Chronicles. Perhaps it will bring a bit of comfort to your heart, as it has mine. Highly Recommend.
FINDING JOY
LeeAnna's I Like on Thursdays at Not Afraid of Colorhelps me consistently find the joy in every life. Here's this week topic: favorite vacation - and what made it memorable. Perhaps this is a bit of a cheat, but at one point in my husband's military career, we were stationed on the island of Okinawa, Japan. It was like a four-and-a-half-year honeymoon. Our good friends were from there, so we were blessed to find a good church, off the beaten track places to explore and great schools for the kids.
I saw this Reading Journal idea somewhere online.
The creator did a phenomenal job of
making the books appear to be on the shelves
Have you heard the song at the beginning of this post, "I Can Only Imagine"? I loved this song before Daddy passed away and now, it brings me hope and comfort today - on the year anniversary his passing.
I'd seen the movie, I Can Only Imagine, before but this week we watched I Can Only Imagine 2. I highly recommend you watch these treasures on your streaming platform. You will immensely blessed.
These yo-yos are a special collection.
My sewing group gave them to me
while I was going through chemotherapy.
I'm ready to make something with them, but what?
I'd love to hear your ideas!
Upon my viewing of I Can Only Imagine 2, they showed this simple gratitude/grief graph. I have decided to print it out and make it a part of my journey. On the exact day of Daddy's passing, I will keep this basic yet powerful journal to remind me of what was said in the movie:
"He's in the storm; He's in the fire with you."
He's with you and I.
Be it through tears or dancing around worshipping God,
No comments:
Post a Comment