Sunday, August 15, 2021

God's Protection, Reading, Stitching and Gratitude

   

https://dribbble.com/shots/2626626-Welcome-Gif

Hello There!
I'm so grateful you stopped in for our weekly visit!  Life here in New Mexico is in full transition and my heart is a bit flustered, but tonight, as I wrote about God's constant presence in our lives peace engulfed me.  A Reading Life section includes some great books I've finished as well as my current and future reads.  The Stash Report is is a link up party I joined to share my productivity numbers, fabric/yarn that comes in or goes out as well as new projects such as a new BOM I joined this month!  In To Do Tuesday you'll see the advancement on my Slow Stitching projects which include three crocheted afghans and a wool mitten Christmas tree decoration set.   My Gratitude Journal keeps me grounded.  I hope you enjoy your visit!  After I respond to your comments, I look forward to visiting your blogs as well! 

            THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK


God always provides - always.  Tonight, as I post this blog post late, He provided this song.  Oh my dear reader, how true it is.  He provides...He provides....
We can worry, we can freak out, but it won't help at all.  

Even if we feel all alone, even if we feel all alone, Sister, 
EVEN IF WE FEEL ALL ALONE
God is with us!

With all the changes in our lives, sometimes all we can do is push the "play" button on our favorite Bible app and listen to His Word or on our favorite playlist.  Or sometimes we can be a blessing and hit the playlist for a hurting brother or sister because they may not have the strength to push the play button themselves.  

That's it! If we take the focus off ourselves, our own problems and prayerfully look for ministerial opportunities, our own lives can improve.   
God help you and I to believe, we are not alone.  Amen?

A Reading Life

As  you can see from the list at the end of my posts, I link up to several reading linky parties!  
You can click on the books' images to be directed to a review page on  Goodreads.  :)

Currently Reading


Finished


Saving The World caused me to ponder and compare the citizens' reaction to the small pox vaccine as compared to today's societal reaction to the COVID vaccines.  Such an amazing contrast!  
Alvarez presents this story in a tender, loving manner.  She also wrote about the differences between terrorists and frustrated citizens who are simply advocating for their communities.  Albeit they may be using terroristic techniques, but their mindset is completely different.  Governments tend to lump both categories into the same pot resulting in inadequate reactions to tense situations.  (I realize this can be a controversial statement.  One would have to read the book to fully understand the meaning I am trying to convey.)  
Finally, Alvarez shows how one can indeed move forward with dignity even after suffering great loss.  

Fire Keeper's Daughter is a fabulous debut novel by Angeline Boulley that touched me beyond measure.  I loved learning about Daunis' traditions, especially regarding the Seven Grandfathers and ethnobotany.  I was deeply saddened to learn that Native women experience very high numbers of violence and sexual violence.  Further more, a whopping 97% of these ladies had "at least one non-Native perpetrator".  In her book,  Boulley stated that if these crimes take place on tribal land by a non-Native perpetrator, the Federal government chooses whether or not they will prosecute, thus making Native women a specific target.  A heinous situation to say the least. 
The One and Only Ivan was a fantastic read discussing animal rights from the perspective of a sweet, wise gorilla.  

Next few books  


Stash Report

 is a Sunday Stash link up at Quilt, Paint and Create where we share our stats regarding our fiber usage and acquisitions. 
My Sunday Slow Stitching, really all week stitching continues to be these oh so cute mittens.  I've experimented by working by color versus finishing one mitten at a time.  This has been a time saver.  
Yarny numbers
 I've finished a few dishcloths, but have decided to wait until there's enough to make it worthwhile to document.  My afghans continue to grow.  
I'm so grateful for my LQS, Be Sew Creative as they offer many BOMs!  I have purchased the kits for their latest oneThough it is ongoing, I'll begin it in September.  
Other than Starry Nights fabric, not much else has come in.  I have stitched up a few blocks for the Qube Crush quilt!  It was nice to machine sew again!  
Some of these may not make it into the quilt, 
but there's tons of ideas for any remaining orphan blocks.
I believe I only have 6 more to stitch up 
before it's time to make the flimsy!
I really like this one....isn't it pretty?
Time is very short as there are familial obligations that are calling on me - and I gladly answer the call.  There will always be projects, however, my precious family will not always be around to minister to.  
Productivity Stats
Or here....  :)

To Do Tuesday

 is a link up party in which we cheer each other on as we share the progress/lack thereof regarding our weekly goals!  Thank you Chris @ Chris Knits for hosting!  
Last Week's List
1.  Sunday Slow Stitching :  For Sunday's stitching I'll be working to finish all the stitching requiring white + two other colors TBD.  😀 I'm going to consider this one done, even though a bit of white needs to be stitched.  They are coming out so cute!  I only have one more set of mittens to stitch up before I move onto another Slow Stitching project.  
2.  Crochet:  Continue to make  progress on my hexagon afghan. - yet!  X  I didn't work on my hexagon afghan, but I did make some progress on my Tranquil afghans as well as finish a few dishcloths.  
The Tranquil Star afghan grew 5" and the Moss Seed Tranquil afghan grew another 2 inches.  
This Week's List
1.  Sunday Slow Stitching : Finish the mittens!
2.  Crochet:  Progress on my afghan/s and dishcloths.
3.  Machine Sewing:  Prep for Melva's Pieces of the Past Sewalong.  
   

My Gratitude Journal

My family/personal life has been in such transition lately that I've struggled to keep up with my Gratitude Journal.  I'm enjoying spending overnights with Mama and Daddy and our home life is in transition.  Finding time to breathe between those activities, chores at home and personal hobbies can be challenging.  
Thank God for my local library!  I've been spending time there and it's been really nice.    


My oh so talented grandson made this Lego table/city.
Isn't it cool?

Daddy took this picture to remind us to go to this restaurant.

Last night I was invited to a Smores party
with my grandchildren!

Kitty found a place to sleep -
on top of the pergola!  


I hope you all have a blessed week!  Until next time, take good care!

Perhaps you'll visit these linky parties I sometimes link up to when I have quilting/crochet/books to share:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication (Wednesdays)

The Loop Scoop hosted simultaneously by
Petals to Picots and Moogly

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation



Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!

8 comments:

  1. Christian music is a strong source of inspiration for me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We only need to look around to find others who need help with the play button, I think.

    I'm joining in with an online Bible study for the month of September. We are going to do some reading, some memorization, some singing. If you are interested in joining, take a look here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1378366292547053.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the scriptures. They always seem to speak at just the right time don't they. LOVE your Qube Crush quilt blocks! The mittens project is turning out so very cute. Nice progress on your afghan. That Mandala yarn is pretty and always fun to see how it pans out as you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Midnight Library, I found it very thught provoking.

    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you loved Fire Keepers Daughter, definitely in my keeper's shelf. I see a few other books here too that i loved. Love the quilt blocks too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many good things about The Midnight Library, I have it on TBR, and I want to get to it soon. I love your grandson's lego table! You're right, he's pretty talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn stripes beautifully. Glad you are finding time for things you enjoy in spite of outside circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Midnight Library is on my book club's discussion list for an upcoming month, so I'm looking forward to reading it! Your Starry Night project looks so cute. Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful progress! You will get to all those things on your list. Good luck with your goals for the week. Thanks for linking up with To-Do!

    ReplyDelete