Friday, March 27, 2015

Courageous. Beautiful.


This past Sunday, my husband and I crossed another hurdle.  My hair follicles were so very painful that I asked him to shave my head. 

 He set up the bistro table and my daughter's clippers on the patio.  I set Meghan Trainor's song, Close Your Eyes to repeat.  The yard looked so beautiful with trees and flowers in full bloom. 

Then, ever so gently, my courageous husband picked up the largest from the carefully lined up blades and set to his task with loving, gentle hands.  Every once in a while, he'd switch to a shorter blade until, finally, the deed was done.

There were few words spoken, none were needed.  I listened hard to the lyrics:

So I want you to close your eyes

Sing to the world tonight

And show them what's beautiful.

 

I don't care what they think

No, I’m not listening

Cause I know I'm beautiful

So close your eyes

 

Show the world the you inside

Raise your vice and close your eyes

Cause you're beautiful

 

My husband is the most courageous, gentle, tender, loving man I know.
For today, that's my truth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment