Sunday, April 16, 2023

Weekly Word: Ephesians Chapter 1 + Books, Stitches and Gratitude!

 




 Hello There, 

Thank you for coming by for a visit!  It's been a great week of sewing, squirrels, reading and seeing friends.  It's been my first "normal" week mas o menos (more or less) in quite some time.  

My LQS, Be Sew Creative, offers Mastery Classes to learn our sewing machines and I've been attending those as well as a "Stitch It Out" class to learn more about the embroidery possibilities of my machine.  My head is spinning, but the information is enriching my sewing life.  

Bible studies and my prayer life have been deep and healing.  We're also gardening as spring has sprung in Las Cruces, NM!  I so love gardening!

So, please relax and enjoy this weekly post!  I'm glad you're here!     


Here's is an index should you have a special interest you like to read first!  
The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as an occasional short review.      
Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, Slow Sunday Stitching projects, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects. 
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    

The Weekly Word

In one of my small group Bible Studies, we are going through the New Testament and are currently focusing on Ephesians.  How I love Paul’s prayers!  They are so all encompassing and just plain beautiful!  How many of you replace a loved one’s name in certain sections of the Bible.  For example, verse 17 might read like this instead:  

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give the name of  your loved one the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that he/she may know Him better. 

This practice helps me to pray, especially when I am unsure of what to pray. Try it as you read Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 2:17-22 and see what you think! 

 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[f] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people, 19 and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 He exerted when He raised Christ from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 

This prayer encompasses so very much!  I was inspired to make a list of all Paul prayed for:
1)     Wisdom and revelation so that we may know God better
2)    For our heart to be enlightened to the hope of which God has called us
a.     This always reminds me of Romans 5:3.
3)    That we may know the riches of God’s glorious inheritance in us!
4)    That we may also know His incomparable great power for us!
a.     Let us remember that this is the same power that raised Christ from the dead – and that we have access to it!

Though we could go so much deeper into these verses, isn’t this prayer mind-blowing?  Each verse has so much depth!

I encourage to read these few verses slowly and meditate on them and all they have to offer.  Especially if you are immersed in challenging situations, pray this prayer for yourself!  If someone you love is struggling, pray this prayer for them! 

God is the God of the impossible.  Let us go forth this week in a confidence built by knowing all our heavenly Father longs to do for us! 

My Reading Life

Currently Reading


Finished Reading
**** Upon a Breeze by Kelly Irvin is a sweet Amish tale about a young widow's path to healing, finding her strength and love again.  Irvin shows how gardening and nature can heal our wounded hearts.  I do recommend this sweet read.  

Slow Read



Stash Report

Yarny Numbers:  No changes in yarn numbers - yet. 
Fabric numbers:  I bought a fat quarter to practice on to day in class, but that's it!  It evened out as I used it right after I purchased it!  :)

To Do Tuesday

Last Week's List was certainly a challenge as I was a social butterfly this week and spent an entire day in my Mastery Class.  Oh, but it was fun!  
1.  Slow Stitching
- Bee Humble - Attach Block Four to the main square. not done; It's a bit wonky in the center...I hope Stephanie, my LAQ, can work a miracle...

2.  Crochet
make progress on my Fall Granny Square afghan progress made!  I got about 13 squares finished - three more to make another 16 patch block!  I work on this in the evenings as Daddy and I visit.  He enjoys seeing his military history library as we talk.  Ooops.  Today he corrected me and told me it was OUR library!  😊
3.  Machine Sewing:  
- $15 Sampler - Stitch up this month's new blocks practically finished; I ran out of fabric
I did finish this little Autumn Blessings pillow by Kimberbell this week!  

SQUIRREL ALERT
Oh friends!  I ran into the cutest squirrel project!  It's called Crazy Christmas Trees designed by Karla Alexander.  A dear friend loaned me her Spider Web ruler and I've had so much fun that I'm purchasing the ruler and plan to make more of this runner!  

Now, for this sewist, the instructions needed the added boost of a tutorial.  I used this You Tube video by Jill from Fabric Garden in California.  Here's my blocks thus far.

This Week's List will be pretty much the same as last week's.  
1.  Slow Stitching
- Bee Humble - Attach Block Four to the main square.
2.  Crochet
make progress on my Fall Granny Square afghan 
3.  Machine Sewing:  
- $15 Sampler - Finish the last block
- Finish the table runner 

Gratitude Journal

I featured Micha Tyler's song, Different, some time ago; now I'm living it.  This week I heard this song and wow...I started praying it...the cycle of grieve began to lessen its hold on me.  I have actually had four days without crying.  As I've prayed to my Abba Father to make me different, He is faithfully working in my life.  

As I returned to my online life, your emails have been a blessing.  I read an email from a dear friend, LeeAnna from Not Afraid of Color.  I wept tears of gratitude, grief and healing.  She created this beautiful portrait of my dear Mia and offered it to me.  Can you imagine the love and time she devoted to my precious Mia's memory and myself.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude.  Thank you LeeAnna! 
She caught Mia's love and kindness so perfectly!  
Missing you, my Baby...




Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!


Here are some blogs I sometimes link up to!

11 comments:

  1. Hurray for a "normal week." I'm happy for you.

    We are so small in our Prayers. I'm not sure why I hesitate before asking for the things that are most important, like understanding and wisdom.

    Love Bee Humble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a Kelly Irvin book in a while, I should :) I enjoy her books. I am rejoicing with you that your Bible Study and Micah Tyler's song have been instrumental in your grieving process. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon a Spring Breeze sounds like such an interesting book; thank you for the recommendation. Such lovely projects that you have been working on . She a sweet portrait of Mia. How kind of LeeAnna. Have a blessed week, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of your friend LeeAnna to offer her darling artwork for you. I almost cried, too! What a heartfelt gesture. Your blessings are many. PS - you sure have a lot to keep track of! I am so in need of some of your discipline!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to absorb in this post. I kept thinking yes over and over to what you were writing. I am glad you feel okay enough to now share again. You have lovely projects so great for busy hands which also help quell negative thoughts I find. LeeAnna is a dear, isn't she!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute trees. They remind me of Dr. Seuss' Grinch/Christmas. :) Fun stuff! Thanks for participating in the Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still late in sending your painting, but will... I promise. I'm so happy to do it
    Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  8. How smart of you to take classes to learn your machine and embroidery! Your Crazy Christmas Trees are beautiful. I feel for you in missing Mia, and that "paw-trait" is lovely and so sweet of LeeAnna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to read you almost had a normal week. I so admire LeeAnna's painting. It is a wonderful likeness. Your Bee Humble and crochet projects are coming along nicely. Hurray for progress. I do like the Crazy Christmas Trees and am trying to avoid that particular Squirrel. Thanks for sharing your wonderful post and linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am kind of wondering what a normal week looks like. I have an important sewing project due May 10th, and have only recently come up with a plan! I just discovered that my sons and the grandkids are talking about coming up for the May 6th-7th weekend. I love them to bits, but....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture is such a precious gift! I really like the wonky trees, fun and forgiving.

    ReplyDelete