Sunday, March 5, 2023

Weekly Word: Psalms 25:5b + Books, Stitching, and Gratitude!

Hello There, 


Here's is an index should you have a special interest you like to read first!  
The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as an occasional short review.      
Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, Slow Sunday Stitching projects, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects. 
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    
 

The Weekly Word


In You, LORD, my God I put my trust.
I trust in You; 
do not let me be put to shame nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one who hopes in You will ever be put to shame, 
but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
Show me Your ways LORD, teach me Your paths.
Guide me in Your truth and teach me 
for You are God my Savior, 
and my hope is in You all day long.
Remember, LORD, Your great mercy and love, 
for they are all from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;
according to Your love, remember me, for You LORD, are good.

During times of great pain and losses, this verse is a reminder of our LORD's grace.  As the LORD guides us in His truth and teaches us, we can confidently follow Him, even if the path forward is completely foreign.  His instruction and guidance will help us to grow in Him and become more like Jesus.  

As we deal with personal pain and loss,  let us learn to focus on His instruction and to follow His guidance, regardless of our fleshly desires to react differently.    

We have our hope in Christ our LORD and Savior who loves us beyond comprehension.  If we believe that statement, then our trust is in Him also.  
Let us let go of our human tendencies to react and instead remember that we can indeed be still and know He is God!
10“Be still and know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,

I will be exalted over the earth.”

11The LORD of Hosts is with us;

the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Selah


Instead of complicating already painfilled and complex situations let us remember that much is gained from silent prayers for wisdom and grace.  
It's so hard.
It's so different.
But, as we lean on the LORD and remember to seek His guidance and instruction all the while knowing we can confidently be still and know He is God. 

My Reading Life

Currently Reading


Finished Reading

***** King's Shadow by Angela Elwell Hunt is the final installment of The Silent Year series - the years between the Old Testament and the New Testament.  I was surprised that even in those days, politics and skill with manipulation was vital to survival and prevalent in royal life.  Then again, why is that surprising?   
Hunt brought the many pieces of the puzzle together with skill.  For this reader, she never fails to satisfy.  
Highly recommend.

Slow Read
Hard Copy Current and TBRs


Stash Report

Yarny Numbers I needed another skein of yarn for the Sunshine Afghan.  Once it's finished, I'll be in the black.  


Fabric numbers
I finally had a finish - some Christmas placemats in which I practiced machine quilting and binding! I'm about 20% to my goal of using 75 yards of fabric this year.  I believe I'll surpass it as I still have four or five quilts to finish binding.

To Do Tuesday




Last Week's List
1.  Slow Stitching  
- Begin part 4 of the Bee Humble during the day. Done and undone!  :)  I added part 4 which was borders and realized that losing my points this time was simply not working for me.  I spent last night with my seam ripper taking out two borders. 
Even the master quilters had issues with this section, so I've decided I'm going to practice on scrap flannel and keep at it until I keep my points.  


- Continue stitching on the Grandmother's Flower Garden in the evenings.  Done!  I almost finished the row!
After I add the last two rows, it might be a great size as a bed topper on my queen-sized bed!


2.  Crochet 
make progress on the Sunshine afghan Done!  I almost finished another skein! This will be a Mommy and Me afghan so that Mama/Daddy is warm during the night time feedings.  
3. Machine Sewing:  
- A squirrel caught my attention and I have a finish to share!  These Christmas placemats will be a gift for my sister and her husband. I enjoyed quilting them and practiced adding binding by machine.
  
- ** Pick a machine embroidery UFO/project to complete Done!  I'm going to make some lace Christmas ornaments similar to these.
make progress on the four $15 Sampler blocks for this month Not done

This Week's List 
1.  Slow Stitching  
Continue stitching on the Grandmother's Flower Garden in the evenings. 
2.  Crochet 
make progress on the Sunshine afghan (The baby is due this month!)
3. Machine Sewing:  
- Figure out the issue with the Bee Humble border
Finish four $15 Sampler blocks for this month 

Gratitude Journal

Remember the song, "Be careful little eyes what you see"?  It is often sung in children's Sunday School classes.  It applies to adults as well.  The lyrics in Casting Crowns Slow Fade struck me and are so very powerful!  Here is their teaching video that corresponds to Slow Fade.
Here is our weekly prompt for Thursday's I Like post from Lee Anna from Not Afraid of Color which is all about our creative/sewing space.  


What do you like about your creative/sewing space? 
I absolutely love being able to look out into my prayer garden and the bird feeder I added to the window.  
I also love my cutting table.  It's a great space to cut fabric - obviously and plan projects.  

 Do you have a dedicated space that is yours alone? 
I am blessed to have a dedicated room for my sewing space.  It was a gift of love from my husband.  I spent many months dreaming about a sewing studio and even created a document with my ideas.  
We are friends with a  master carpenter and his wife is a thoughtful planner.  The four of us planned and designed the furniture and then the guys went to work building it for me!  The shelves are from Pier One and the chest of drawers were my Dad's.  I am so blessed to have this space!
 
What works in there for you? 
Everything, absolutely everything.  It was designed so well that I love all of it!  
We are going to be adding shelving in the closet similar to the shelving above my desk in my new cloffice.  

How do you feel when you're there.
LOL!  That all depends how my project is going!  😉 Usually when I walk into my room to sew, I feel peaceful and productive.  I feel ready to leave the world behind and simply get lost in creativity.  Many times I'll play Christian pop music and the LORD does His work in my heart.  I'll also listen to audio books or crime shows.  
Overall it is my special place where creativity is unleashed and the machines hum.  Sometimes it's silent as the seam ripper and I work together! 😏
I feel determined to deal with my UFOs and stash.  They take up so much space!  
 
Here are my favorite Instagram likes this week:

Our Golden Girls group met at my home this month and one of them blessed me with these fragrant, beautiful flowers.


Chico and Kitty are following Mia's wise example of nappy by the electric heater!

Kitty loves her "daddy"!

Enjoyed this post? 

Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!


Here are some blogs I sometimes link up to!

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict

15 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see how much you are enjoying your new creative/sewing space. What a lovely gift that is for you.

    "Be still and know that I am God." Whew. That's a hard one for me, a person always in motion, always talking. But it's one of my goals for this year. And, oh, the lovely stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your crafts. You're so talented. I hope you have a good week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing room sounds wonderful and i love your hexagon flower garden. Good that you so enjoyed the series and final book in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be interested in your thoughts on The Zig Zag Girl. I have that on my wish list, but I don't have it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crochet, stitching, and sewing projects look like fabulous crafts to do. Have a great week.
    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything I read here!!! Your Psalm notes are great encouragement. You got so much done this week!! I especially enjoy reading your Insta memes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE seeing all your sewing/crochet projects! They are so inspiring! I love the St. Patrick's day table runner (?) that the flowers are on! I have not read Angela Hunt but it sounds like I need to! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy these multiple-things posts. I love the sound of your sewing room, and the view out the window. Lots of good things to think about in your devotional and IG tags. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing the devotional. Your posts always bring comfort . I am looking forward to seeing your Sunshine afghan. Your hexies are looking amazing. I hope you have a very lovely week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Grandmother's Flower Garden is so lovely! Pretty placemats, too. Your sewing room sounds wonderful - so special to have it designed and set up just the way you want!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hexi flowers are looking good! That will be so pretty on your bed!
    I don't know what I'd do without my sewing studio! It's certainly my happy space and I spend most of my days there! I love hearing that others have that happiness with theirs too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bee Humble is so pretty, I hope you find those points as you rework it. I do have a sewing room. A second floor bedroom, where I can look out over the backyard. I enjoy my husband's native garden as it changes through out the year. And Bluebirds like to perch eye level to me in the maple tree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've enjoyed seeing your progress on your crochet projects and your Grandmothers Garden as well. Neat to be ahead on the Christmas projects too. Lovely stitching all. Thanks also for the book reports too. Looks so cozy there beside the heater. Enjoy it all, Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great post filled with inspiration and positivity. Thank you for sharing your projects, your thoughts and some great advice. Nice to see your progress on your projects. Your Grammas Garden is beautiful and the Christmas placemats are sure to be a muchly appreciated squirrel project. Hope this week has been a good one for you. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good progress on fun projects! The best part about my sewing room is that I can shut the door. It hides the hot mess.

    ReplyDelete