Friday, January 14, 2022

Weekly Word: Psalm 19:7-10. Plus My Reading, Stitching and Gratitude This Week!

Hello There!
I have exciting news!  If the LORD wills it, I will be taking off to San Diego to visit my parents!  FINALLY!  Thank God for dog/house sitters!  My heart sings with joy!
Consequently, I'll be taking a blogging break for the rest of January.  However, I'm hoping to be posting our trip on Instagram (user name:  miaismine22).  Please just request to follow me as it's a private account.  
Onto today's post filled with encouragement, books I've read/reading, some finishes and a whole lot of gratitude!  
I hope you enjoy your visit today!
Here's is an index should you have a special interest you like to read first!  
The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as an occasional short review.      
Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects. 
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    

The Weekly Word

Psalm 19:7-10 is a fabulous description of God's laws and their benefits to us!  Look at how David describes them!

7The Law of the LORD is perfect,  

reviving the soul;

the testimony of the LORD is trustworthy,

making wise the simple.

8The precepts of the LORD are right,

bringing joy to the heart;

the commandments of the LORD are radiant,

giving light to the eyes.

9The fear of the LORD is pure,

enduring forever;

the judgments of the LORD are true,

being altogether righteous.

10They are more precious than gold,

than much pure gold;

they are sweeter than honey,

than honey from the comb.

11By them indeed Your servant is warned;

in keeping them is great reward.

Psalm 19:7-10


My heart overflowed with joy as I made a chart similar to this one in my journal!


God's "Rules"
His law → perfect  refreshes the soul
His statues   trustworthy   making the wise simple
His precepts   right   giving joy to the heart
His commands   radiant  giving light to the eyes
fear of the LORD   pure  enduring forever
His decrees   firm   being altogether righteous

Whatever we want to call God's guidance - laws, statues, commands - they all are good and life-giving leading us to warnings as well as great rewards.  
Not sure?  
Try thoughtfully reading a bit of God's Word every day with an open heart and applying what you learn to your life.  A fabulous place to start would be with one of the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. See what happens!  

While we're at it, perhaps we should start a new daily habit before we get out of bed:  reading Psalm 34!
Blessings to you all! 

My Reading Life

Currently Reading

Finished
I only finished one book this week, an audiobook titled Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris.  It was a psychological thriller that kept me captivated - and not in a good way.  I just had to keep listening to see what would happen next.  
Yikes!  It really creeped me out.  I've realized that psychological thrillers are not for me!  But it was well written with well developed characters and a good plot.  Therefore, it earned five stars!  Just the same, whenever I run across any books on my TBR that are psychological thrillers, I'll be deleting them!  😏⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thus far this month, I am making pretty good progress on my reading challenges which I am tracking here and here!

Stash Report
Yarn Numbers
I finished up a few more dishcloths, with no yarn in!  Yea!
Fabric numbers
I discovered 1.5 yards of fleece fabric that I purchased last year, yet forgot to record.  So, I've added it to this year.  
However, I did finish these hexies for a bit of fabric usage.  I also finished two quilt tops (See below), but I don't add them in my stats until they are bound and really finished.  :)  I actually have four quilts to bind!  I can't believe I have another binding queue!  

To Do Tuesday
Last Week's List
1.  Sunday Slow Stitching:  Get back in the habit of making a QAYG hexie a day.  Oh!  If you like slow stitching, check out the Anne-Marie's videos in my Gratitude Journal section!  You'll love them! Almost done!  I made five hexies!  
2. Crochet: Continue making progress on my granddaughter's afghan.  Yes, progress continues!  Nine rows to go!  
3.  Machine Sewing:  Being that I'm waiting until this weekend to pick borders for the sew along, I'll put together my flannel quilt top. Done!  Plus, I've made a baby quilt with the scraps!  
4.  Xmas Sewing:  Every Christmas I promise myself not to get stuck frantically sewing through the holiday season.  In 2022, I'm determined to enjoy the holiday season, thus these are my holiday sewing goals.  
- my flannel quilt One goal down, 5 more to go!  
 - mug rugs 
- my grandchildren's next softies 
- two Christmas quilts for my own home (Can you believe I haven't made me even one?!)  😲
- a Christmas table topper 
I'll be posting my progress on another blog I joined.  It's called 1 Xmas Item a Month.  It's a blog where various contributors share their Christmas sewing throughout the year.  It's tempting to put them aside as different holidays come up, but I'm hoping I can resist!  
This Week's List
I might have some time for a few goals, we'll see!  
1.  Sunday Slow Stitching:  I'm sure I can keep up making hexies - especially on our road trip to see my parents!  I also hope to make progress on this tea towel I just started.  Last year, Kathy at Kathy Quilt's inspired me to embroider tea towels.  


 2. Crochet: I'm sure I can get a few rows in before we leave.  
3.  Machine Sewing:  Use the extra yardage from the flannel quilts to make one or two easy scarves.  If all the stars align, I would like to make the binding for those quilts as well.
4.  Christmas Sewing:  This goal is on pause until we get back.  
- my flannel quilt One goal down, 5 more to go!  
 - mug rugs 
- my grandchildren's next softies 
- two Christmas quilts for my own home (Can you believe I haven't made me even one?!)  😲
- a Christmas table topper 
   Gratitude Journal
First of all, I'm so grateful that it looks like I'll finally be able to see my parents!  It's been since August and I miss them terribly!  So excited!
This is a wonderful read told in the protagonist's voice.  Truly a great read!

I like how my Bible journal page came out!

Perhaps you'll visit these link ups!    
Oh, this sheet pan chicken and broccoli recipe from Simply Recipes was easy to make, delicious and was easy clean up because I lined my baking sheet with parchment paper!  
I believe Kitty has become a house cat - at least when the weather is cold outside!
Every afternoon, Chico faithfully waits for his "Daddy" to come home.
A Spirit of Simplicity






Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (Friday)

Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with your trip to San Diego! Lovely this time of year, and warm! We may postpone our Feb. trip to California, though. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you getting to visit your parents! I hope you have a wonderful time. Love the flannel quilt. That photo of Chico waiting for his Dad is so cute. Yay for house kitty! I know there is no linkup yet, but thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, hope you make it out to visit your family. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time in San Diego! That is where we moved from 43 years ago, to Northern California. I love it, and haven't been back in some time. I discovered some Sunbonnet Sue blocks in my sewing room this week, a BOM where I had 1 done! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quilts are so pretty. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that you will be getting to go see your parents soon, Patricia. I know you will be happy to be with them. It sounds like a great trip.

    I loved The Girl with the Louding Voice. The main character is a powerful and poignant character.


    Your Bible journal page is lovely. And I think you're right...we all need to read more Psalms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you will be able to visit with your parents in San Diego! I hope you have a safe and fun trip. I am hoping to start The Girl With the Louding Voice sometime this month. I hope you are enjoying it. Your cat and dog are adorable. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've the THE GIRL WITH THE LOUDING VOICE on my TBR bookshelf for ages! I've heard good things about it, so I'm hoping to get to it soon. -Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your granddaughter's afghan you're making!! Awesome baby quilt! I appreciated reading the "God's Rules"! Best wishes on your trip! Parents are a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how wonderful to be able to see your parents!
    Love that vibrant afghan you are creating!
    And the tea towel will be a much appreciated and treasured gift!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your trip away, I'm sure you will. Love the plaid quilt, and the extra one done with the left over pieces, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the trip is going well. Yes psychological thrillers creep me out too but sometimes I can't resist the fast pacing of them. A little bit of hand sewing while you are away I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to read you'll be going to visit your parents. That's amazing. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safe travels. A getaway is always nice. Thanks for sharing your photos at Pictorial Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear you're going to San Diego! We love it there, and even better that you'll get to see your folks. I'm not much for psychological thrillers either, but once in awhile they make good page turners. Your red, black, and white quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your granddaughters afghan is lovely, hope you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that afghan, very unusual. Great report!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope that no blog update means that you got to San Diego and got to visit with your parents! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete