Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Extra! Extra! "Thankfully Read" All About It with Patricia in New Mexico!

 


Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers who celebrate!  And Happy Thankfully Reading to everyone!  
Our cat, aptly named Kitty, kicked my Thankfully Reading challenge off early this morning with her meows at 3:30 a.m.!  Wow!  After refusing all sorts of treats and eats, she disgustedly went outside at 5:00 a.m., turning her back on me.  What's a cat owner to do but cuddle up with a book?
Jenn at Jenn's Bookshelves Thankfully Reading challenge is the perfect way to start off my Thanksgiving weekend plans.  
  Jenn is once hosting the Thankfully Reading from November 24 - 28.  No rules, simply cuddle up and read.  Are you in?  If so, please join us by signing up here!  
As I'm so very thankful for my local library, I'll be focusing on my library books.  
Mary Alice hose The House on the Cerulean Sea for our Buddy Read.  Despite the fabulous reviews, I'm having trouble getting through it!  After I finish it, I'm looking forward to finishing Gone for Good! The Personal Librarian (audio) came in just in time for this weekend!  


I may also peruse  my personal library cart for those books at the top of  my TBR list!  




Looking forward to seeing you at Jenn's link up!

6 comments:

  1. My Thankfully Reading Weekend started early this morning too. So I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are joining us for Thankfully Reading Weekend! The House on the Cerulean Sea is one of my favorite books; just give it a little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Patricia! I've not seen the link for Thankfully Reading weekend before, so I'm intrigued. Of course, I'm always reading, too, and would much rather do that than shop. Enjoy your reading weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that was SO THOUGHTFUL of Kitty to wake you up bright and early to start Thankfully Reading! My Marilyn kitty has been keeping me nice and warm, laying on me anytime I sit down.

    I love your reading nook and your library cart! I keep seeing these carts and really should get myself one, although I have a perfectly fine bookcase and don't need a cart. lol

    I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, thanks a lot Kitty! As I write this, I'm waiting for a glimpse of a stray black one that has come around the last 3 days. I worry about it in the cold, but as I am on your blog, and you remind me of the blessing of prayer, I'm going to stop worrying and trust God to take care of it.
    I love that you have a personal library cart! You are inspiring me to get up from blog reading and go cozy up with a book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Kitty sounds adorable, and worth waking up for!

    ReplyDelete