Saturday, September 4, 2021

How Do YOU Make Decisions?, Reading, Stitching and Gratitude

  

Hello There!
I'm so glad you're here!  In The Weekly Word we will look at the three ways I make decisions and, hopefully, you will share how you make decisions in your life!  In My Reading Life, I've actually finished several books and starting some great new ones!  I'm changing a bit about My Stash Report as I've started a new project that merits changes!  I'm glad to check off items from To Do Tuesday!  You know, Kathy's Sunday Slow Stitching link up fuels my love for hand sewing!  
What would we do without finding a bit of joy and gratitude?  I hope you enjoy this week's Gratitude Journal !  After I respond to your comments, I look forward to visiting your blogs as well! 

The Weekly Word

 How to you make decisions?  In some circumstances we only have time to to pray, "Help me, LORD, to make the best decision!"  
When you do have time, how to you make decisions?

 Many times I seek guidance in God's Word, set a fleece before God, or, if He is silent, move forward with great sensitivity to the Holy Spirit's leading.   Before you think me as super spiritual, there are certainly times when I dive in with both feet and end up celebrating by the grace of God or calling out to Him for rescue!  When I am struggling to know God's will, I will oftentimes seek His
Word for the right path (Psalm 119:05). 
 
There are instances when I will do as Gideon did, and set a fleece before Him.  Now, I don't set out an actual fleece before God, but I will ask for certain circumstances to occur before I move in one direction or another.  The circumstances I set are definitely ones that would only occur by a move of God, a situation which is so unlikely that only He could bring it to pass. The best way I know to describe setting a fleece before the LORD is to refer people to Gideon in Judges 6:33 - 44.  
33Then all the Midianites, Amalekites, and other people of the east gathered together, crossed over the Jordan, and camped in the Valley of Jezreel.
34So the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, who blew the ram’s horn and rallied the Abiezrites behind him. 35Calling them to arms, Gideon sent messengers throughout Manasseh, as well as Asher, Zebulun, and Naphtali, so that they came up to meet him.
36Then Gideon said to God, “If You are going to save Israel by my hand, as You have said, 37then behold, I will place a fleece of wool on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that You are going to save Israel by my hand, as You have said.”
38And that is what happened. When Gideon arose the next morning, he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water.
39Then Gideon said to God, “Do not be angry with me; let me speak one more time. Please allow me one more test with the fleece. This time let it be dry, and the ground covered with dew.”
40And that night God did so. Only the fleece was dry, and dew covered the ground.  *from Biblehub.com

Other times, when He is silent, I lean on discernment, a deep study of His Word and the counsel of a select few Christians.  Then I move forward with great sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

How do you make decisions?  Do any of these methods speak to your heart?  Please share in the comments below!  

My Reading Life



Finished

The Secret, Book and Scone Society was a nice, light read.
Next few books 
 

My Stash Report

 is a Sunday Stash link up at Quilt, Paint and Create where we share our stats regarding our fiber usage and acquisitions. The Slow Stitching Sunday link up is a place where we share our hand sewing projects.  I find I need some slow stitching  every day!    
Yarny numbers
 No real changes here, though progress is being made on the afghans.  
Fabric numbers
Productivity Stats

To Do Tuesday

is a link up party in which we cheer each other on as we share the progress/lack thereof regarding our weekly goals!  Thank you Chris @ Chris Knits for hosting!  
Last Week's List
- Prep the last set of wool mitten Christmas tree decorations and continue with my QAYG Hexagons! I prepped until I ran out of Steam-a-Seam, so I'll call it done.  My QAYG hexies are coming along with daily progress!    
- Crochet: This will be my long-term goal: Progress on both Tranquil afghans and make more dishcloths. Here's the progress thus far on the rectangular Tranquil afghan - it's grown 4" to 23"!  
- Machine Sewing:  Stitch up at least one more block of Melva's Pieces of the Past Sewalong.   My greatest success was with this goal.  I caught up with the exception of this week's block!  That is really saying something as I am sewing up two blocks in completely different colorways!  Also, this one, Indian Corn, certainly challenged me!  It was worth the effort though!




This Week's List
- Sunday Slow Stitching:  Get through at least 2 colors of this mitten set and continue with my daily QAYG Hexagons.  I also want to pick my Slow Stitching Christmas project/next project.
-   Crochet:  This will be my long-term goal:  Progress on both Tranquil afghans and make more dishcloths.  
- Machine Sewing:  Prep Melva's next block:  Grandmother's Block.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll even have time to get her stitched up?  :)   
  

Gratitude Journal

Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  God's Word, music, some Instagram posts are some of the tools that I apply to break this cycle.  I'm so grateful these tools are readily available to me!
One of the most powerful verses that I lean on is this one:


Here's a few songs that have encouraged me!

Here's the story behind Tasha Layton's, Into the Sea, as well as a back porch performance.  
Tauren Wells is quickly becoming one of my favorite 
Christian artists!   
After my daughter introduced me to Go Clean Co. I just had to start following them on Instagram!  Here is my dishwasher after cleaning it via their directions (run your empty dishwasher on the hottest, longest cyclye with 1/3 cup bleach)!
And check out Mariska Hargitay's post on A Recipe for Healing.  Toss in God's Word and we have a winner!

I'm always grateful to take a pause for a date with my hubby. 
I'm equally grateful to have found these two books
I've read and loved
at Barnes and Noble.  
Of course we enjoyed some favorite treats as well!
Oh how I love watching crime shows!  
My little sister always makes sure
Mama has a fresh bouquet of flowers!  

I hope you all have a blessed week!  Until next time, take good care!
Perhaps you'll visit these linky parties I so
metimes link up to when I have quilting/crochet/books to share:  


The Loop Scoop hosted simultaneously by



Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (Friday)

Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!

10 comments:

  1. Your quilting and crocheting projects are beautiful!! I like the look of The Secret, Book and Scone Society, it sounds like my kind of book! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes do the "fleece" thing, but I really try to ask God to guide me, and when I wait I often find answers in the most unexpected places! I try to say "if it is your will" too, but he knows I don't often mean that - lol! Your Santa Fe blocks are pretty, I love Melva's stories that go with the blocks. We have become big crime show watchers to the point that our recorded list looks like pretty scary. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, making decisions is very tricky for me. I always go back and forth and back and forth, thinking about the positives and negatives of each option. I wish I could listen to the Spirit more often.

    Love the hexagons!

    This Tender Land is a book I want to read. We are trying to talk our book club into reading it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I have come across your blog and I am so glad I did! Have you heard the song "My Jesus" by Ann Wilson, it is one of my current favorites! I have not read any of the books that you featured today, although I have read others by Stormie Omartian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stinky thinking.....never heard it called that! Made me chuckle. Good progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Secret, Book and Scone Society catches my eye along with a peek at your craft projects. And, lovely flowers :-) Have a good week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You accomplish a lot in one week! Your Pieces of the Past blocks are really fun. Good luck with your stitching and reading plans for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this chock a block post! Thank you for sharing so many wonderful things and ideas. I am struggling with negative thoughts at night and working hard on overcoming them. Also striving to deep meditate; the Bible is always inspiring. Your stitchy projects are also wonderful and I enjoy seeing your progress. Take care!

    ReplyDelete