Sunday, September 12, 2021

Jeremiah, Reading, Stitching and Gratitude




Hello There!
A Bit Overwhelmed
I hope you're doing well!  Life has been quite hectic as we move into the final phases of familial transitions (more on Instagram).  We are quite busy and exhausted -both physically and emotionally.  This fibromyalgia warrior is hurting in more ways than one.    
I am somewhat successful keeping up up with commenting on link ups and responding to comments.  My apologies if I am delayed in these areas.  To the many hostesses of link ups, "Thank you!"  To the party attendees, I will respond and comment as soon as I can.  I know my loving blogging community understands!  💓
Housekeeping Stuff
Writing a lengthy post once a week vs. three concise posts a week is certainly helpful, but I wonder if it is cumbersome for readers.  
To address this and respect your precious time, I have added links within my posts, akin to a table of contents.  (This website was very helpful.)  I'll include it in my weekly posts.  If you're short on time, simply click on the section you wish to read.  Conversely, you can also read the whole post if you like.  
I hope you enjoy this new format!  

The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as short reviews.      
My Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects. 
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    


My sweet reader, if this verse is true and I certainly believe it is, then God knew us since the time we were in the womb!  He knew Jeremiah and had a plan of his life – which Jeremiah accepted.  I truly don’t know enough theology to get into predestination and free will.  But I do know that God formed me and knew me in the womb.  He has to have had a plan for my life – and yours.

Jeremiah was being called as a prophet, yet he felt inadequate - as do many of us who are called may feel.  Perhaps, especially in challenging times, we feel inadequate or ill-equipped to handle the situation at hand. But, let us remember that God not oly formed us, but He knew us in the womb.  He knew our current situation would happen. And, just as he provided for so many in the Bible, He will provide for us!  

Can you imagine God – GOD – touching our mouths with His very hand!?  The LORD saw Jeremiah’s heart and reached out with a touch and words of reassurance: “I have put My words in your mouth.”  Oh my God!  Let this be our prayer!  May Your words be in our mouths!  As we go through challenges, if God’s words are in our mouths, they have to be in our minds as well!  If we can only remember this verse, then how much stronger will we be able to stand against any challenge life throws at us? 

If we take verse 18 literally, we are fortified, we are an iron pillar, we are a bronze wall! Through God’s touch, we can stand against situations and people that seem so much more powerful and numerous than us! 

Even though we will still face our challenges, we will not be overcome! Why not? Because God is with us and will rescue us! He declares this!

At this point in my devotionals, I usually exhort you to forth with confidence in our LORD, but sometimes this is excruciating. And that’s ok. Remember, God is the God of all comfort. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

As one of my loved ones recently said:  I’m on my knees with my hands up.  It’s ok.  Sometimes we face the battle with broken hearts and tears running down our cheeks.  But joy comes in the morning.  (Psalm 30:5)

We draw strength from the confidence we have knowing that God has known us since were in the womb, He knows the challenges we will face as well as how inadequate we may feel.  But remember:  Feelings are not fact.  Draw strength that He has touched us, given us His words to speak and made us strong.  Perhaps, even more comforting is the fact that we know even as we fight our way through the battle, He is with us and will rescue us!  My dear reader, today I’m writing to myself as well as to you.  Blessings to you!


My Reading Life


Currently Reading


Finished
Three of my four finishes were audio books!  They have kept me company as I go about my daily chores, sew and crochet and travel from my home to Daddy and Mama's home.  What would we do without books?  


Kindred gripped me from the very beginning.  Octavia E. Butler, where have you been all my life?  I will be reading more of her works.  ★★★★
Truth be told, Not Perfect drove me nuts in the beginning.  As I began to see Tabitha with compassion, I was able to appreciate her circumstances and even sigh at the end of this read.  ★★★
Fredrik Backman Anxious People also confused me in the beginning, however, I persevered and fell in love with the book. ★★★★★ 
A Man Called Ove was the first book I was fortunate enough to read by this author.  After reading Anxious People, I have definitely found another author whose work I enjoy so much that I have begun collecting his past books for my personal library. 
The Giver of Stars was another phenomenal read that hooked me on the author.  ★★★★★ 
Next few books 
 

I just heard about The Clutter Connection at Colleta's Kitchen Sink and had to add it to be started very soon!

Yarny numbers
I've purchased three more skeins of Tranquil for my afghans in progress as well as this wonderful yarn by Yarn Bee to make my daughter some new dishcloths.  Combined with 1" strips of tulle that I had on hand, these will make great scrubbers!  


Fabric numbers
Look at this oh-so-pretty 30's Playtime layer cake I picked up from Nancy at Treehouse Fat Quarters.  She has fabulous prices and is extremely helpful, kind and professional!  
My sweet daughter immediately kitted it for me to make the Step It Up quilt found in The Jolly Bar Volume 3.   I already finished the first step - it literally took about 20 minutes!  
Now I will sew through the layer cake in no particular order, attaching the "T" to the blocks.  Then, again in no particular order sew up my rows, join them and the flimsy should be finished!  This is exactly what I need, a bit of mindless sewing!  
I was so grateful to my daughter that she told me all I need do is visit her and she would be happy to kit quilts for me!  How sweet is she?!  

Productivity Stats

Last Week's List
- Sunday Slow Stitching:  Get through at least 2 colors of this mitten set and continue with my daily QAYG Hexagons.  I also want to pick my Slow Stitching Christmas project/next project.  I kept up with my QAYG Hexagons, but not with picking a Christmas project or my mitten set.  
  
-   Crochet:  This will be my long-term goal:  Progress on both Tranquil afghans and make more dishcloths.  I've made a bit of progress on one of the Tranquil afghans and dishcloths.  
- Machine Sewing:  Prep Melva's next block:  Grandmother's Block.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll even have time to get her stitched up?  :)   This goal wasn't met either.  
Part of this week was spent with my parents and the rest was spent resting and catching up on chores at home.  This month I've chosen to set goals, but be gentle with myself.  
This Week's List
- Sunday Slow Stitching:  Keep up with my daily QAYG Hexagons.  Work on my mittens.  
-   Crochet:  This will be my long-term goal:  Progress on both Tranquil afghans and make more dishcloths.  
- Machine Sewing:  Prep and stitch Melva's Grandmother's Block.    
- Machine Sewing:  Finish Step It Up flimsy.   

Gratitude Journal

Here's a few songs that have encouraged me this week!
Cindy from Cindy's Book Corner shared this beautiful song, My Jesus,  with me.  Isn't it lovely?  
I've been listening to Be Alright a lot this week.  


This is a Mini Mondo Bag 
I picked up years ago at Be Sew Creative.     
My daughter showed me this meal in a box that her family likes.  She simply adds the sausage for an easy meal!  

My little sister makes sure Mama always has fresh flowers.

Doesn't this look like a fun, delicious breakfast?

Great ideas...if only I could remember to implement them!  🤣🤣

This bookazine is a relaxing read for us bookaphiles! 
 "Oh Reader is a magazine about reading, for and by readers. It looks deep into the art of reading—why we do it, how it affects us, who we are when we read, and how we’re all connected through words.."
  

My family tells me I keep my home too cold.  My thermostat is set between 72 and 74 degrees. 
Maybe they're right? 
Chico is snuggled in with a cuddly blanket
my son gave him!  
I hope you all have a blessed week! Until next time, take good care!
Perhaps you'll visit these linky parties I sometimes link up to when I have quilting/crochet/books to share:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication (Wednesdays)

The Loop Scoop hosted simultaneously by
Petals to Picots and Moogly

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

I Like @ Not Afraid of Color (Thursday)

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict (Friday)

Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!


7 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have someone kit projects for you. Let me know if it helps to get them done faster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many projects, I don't know how you keep up. The scriptures are inspiring. Thank you. Kindred is one of those books I think about quite often. Here's my post: Sunday Salon in September

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new format and hope it works out well for you. I think it is so sweet that your dear daughter kitted up a project for you. I do like those Playtime Fabrics. Your hexis are looking fantastic and great tip on using a strip of tulle in making dishcloths. I hope you have a blessed week and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rally enjoy reading your posts, they are so fun! How great that your daughter wants to kit quilts! That layer cake does look pretty.
    Be sure to link up with To Do Tuesday tomorrow at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people feel the same way about Anxious People.
    What lovely flowers, I’m sure your mother appreciates them

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are reading or have just read a lot of books that I have also read. I was taken with Anxious People and The Giver of Stars, as you were. I just finished Invisible Husband a couple of days ago, and I thought it was pretty good. I've had Kindred on my list to read for quite a while now, so thanks for your double thumbs up.

    "Sometimes we face the battle with broken hearts and tears running down our cheeks. But joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)" Beautiful reminder.

    I like Oh Reader, too. I'm always happy to see that one in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Anxious People on my TBR, I can't wait to get to it.

    ReplyDelete