Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday's Strength. Book Date. Valentine Topper.

Monday's Strength
The day Daddy went into surgery I remembered this old, familiar hymn.  
 

I just knew that, whatever the outcome, with Christ, I could face tomorrow.  God has infused me with an incredible peace and serenity.  Not to say that this process hasn't hurt or that tears have not flooded my eyes.  It's just that with His presence, I am serene in the midst of chaos.  And then I cry!  :)  And then I lean on Him and find peace again.  Isn't He good?  

Book Date
Current Reads
The Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt: Inspiring Letters from Farm Women of the Great Depression and 99 Quilt Blocks That Honor Them
The Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird

Educated
Educated by Tara Westover
                                                            
Quiltfolk is a magazine, but it reads  like a book and I love it!
Current Audiobooks
The Nightingale
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Finished
Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart
★★★★★
I highly recommend this book!  The last lines blessed me and reminded me of my strength.
“And the Sanford girls were fierce and determined, tenacious and brave. The sort of women who refused to give up. Who knew that all the loveliest things were broken. And in all the broken places they were strong.”  
My dear reader, in your broken places, you are strong.  Don't give up.  Don't give in.  
We are strong.

Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
Greater Love ★★★★
Shelved For Now Reads
I lost my copy of this great book!  :(

Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World
Anxious For Nothing by Max Lucado. 
A Much Needed Finish
Before Daddy's surgery, I actually had a finish!  Yes, it's late in the season, but I dropped everything and made this Valentine table topper inspired by Connie at Freemotion by the River!  
The middle is her design and I added a bit more.  After my daughter quilts it, it will be all done!  

Linking up to:
It’sMonday! What Are You Reading? @ Book Date

Your comments are so appreciated!  I read each one and will respond by email to you!  :)


1 comment:

  1. The song is beautiful, and it is so great that you get to know peace and quiet even when life is storming. As the day is, the force must be.
    Your quilt is so beautiful.The blocks is put together very nicely.:-)

    ReplyDelete