Sunday, August 7, 2022

Weekly Word: He WILL Restore + Books, Stitches and Gratitude!

Hello there!  

How are you?  Thank you for stopping in especially after my unexpected blogging break the last two weeks of July!  After deciding to fix my other knee,

I've been packing in as much time with family, friends and grandbabies as I can.  Hence, there's been little time for online activities.  More about that in the Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer section below.  

For now, let's move onto the post!  

______________________________________________________

As my weekly posts are jampacked with lots of fun mini- articles, here's is an index should you have a special interest you'd like to read first!  Otherwise, settle in with your favorite beverage and snack and enjoy!  
The Weekly Word - is a short devotional that sometimes becomes a Bible Study series.  
My Reading Life - is filled with current, completed and upcoming reads as well as an occasional short review.      
Stash Report and To Do Tuesday is where I'll share share stats regarding my fiber usage and acquisitions, goals met/lack thereof and photos of my projects.   
Gratitude Journal - Sometimes I get lost in my own stinky thinking.  This digital journal reminds me to count my blessings!    

Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer - Here you will find updates on life after Triple Negative Breast Cancer.  I was diagnosed in November of 2014 and my last day of treatment was in November 2015.   

Weekly Word

My dear Reader, we all have our own life stories.  
We have all suffered.
Let us see through our pain, our depression, our human weaknesses and cling to our Father's restoration.  He will indeed make us stronger, firmer and more steadfast after we have suffered for a little while.    
I speak from experience.
He will restore us.
He will make us strong.
He will make us firm.
He will make us steadfast.
He will.
I promise.
Can you trust Him to do this for you?  
He will take care of you.

My Reading Life

Currently reading


The Clue in the Diary by Carolyn Keene (Buddy Read)
Jerusalem's Queen by Angela Hunt (Buddy Read)
A Single Thread by Tracy Chevalier

Finished
I've finished several books and am sharing the rating I"m giving them.  For today's post, you can find more detailed reviews on my Instagram account (miaismine22) or my Goodreads books read page.  
★★★ The Clue of the Tapping Heels by Carolyn  Keeney 
★★ Bake, Borrow, and Steal  by Ellie Alexander
★★★★★Pachinko by Lee Min-Jin 
★★★★★Tolstoy and the Purple Chair by Nin Sankovitch 
★★★★ Beach House for Rent by Mary Alice Monroe 
★ The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers 
★★★★A Page of Murder by Penny Brooke 
The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristin Harmel 
★★★★★Take My Hand by Dolen Perkins-Valdez 

Did Not Finish
This book was a Buddy Read and as much as I tried, I just could not get into this one.  I got through Chapter 6 and was waiting to hear my Buddy's thoughts on the book.  We mutually agreed to move on.  There are just too many fabulous books out there to read one that doesn't call us back to pick it up and continue reading.  😉
Next Up
Once Upon A Wardrobe by Pattie Callahan
The Distance Between Us by Reyna Grande
Esperanza's Box of Saints by Maria Ampara Escadón

Stash Report

Yarny Numbers
There's been no changes in yarn numbers.  
Fabric Numbers
Once I finish binding two of the three flannel quilts, I'm sure that I will be in the black!  




To Do Tuesday

Last Week's Post List
Get Mama and Daddy's photos in the mail. Done!  My granddaughter and I had a great time laying them out in a simple Project Life layout!

1. Sunday Slow StitchingStitch up one hexie a day.  Done...kinda.  I've run out of room for hexie storage!  
Subsequently I've been joining two more rows of hexies to my quilt!  I have a tiny bit to stitch up to the lower right hand corner.   
I got about 1 1/4 rows connected as well and 
                
completed more 21 more hexies!
Colcha practice: I finished my flower and am now going to work on the background! 
                                        
2. Machine Sewing: Attach the binding to this flannel quilt that I finished some time ago. I've attached the binding with the shirt clips I mentioned here. It's waiting patiently on my yarn storage ladder. Done!  Not only did I get the binding attached to the quilt below, but also to a baby quilt I made from the scraps from this quilt.  
                                           
3. Christmas Sewing ListContinue stitching the grandchildren’s 2022 Christmas softies (July is my deadline). Done!  My husband will be helping me stuff them and then they'll be decent enough for a picture!  :)
4.  Kit prep: Prep and stitch up the blocks for our $15 Sampler Quilt happening at Be Sew Creative.  Done!  Not only did I prep the blocks for this sew along, but also for Row 7 of Pieces in the Garden.  
I also stitched them up!  
This Week's List
1. Sunday Slow Stitching
a.  Stitch up one hexie a day and prep more hexies to stitch up. 
b.  Today I'll be finishing up the last bit of binding on this baby quilt.  You know, from the flannel I bought to make one quilt, I had enough (with a bit of help from my white flannel in my stash) to make one more quilt plus this baby quilt!    
c.  Prep my Colcha piece for stitching the background.  
2. Machine Sewing
a.  I have a blouse and a shopping bag to repair.  
b.  I would love to turn these prepped pieces of fabric into a flimsy and maybe even make the backing.  
On The Radar...
a.  Make a baby quilt for a new grandma.
b.  Keep stitching through my Christmas fabric!

Gratitude Journal

Do you feel trapped by circumstances, by past sins, past hurts, the past?  My precious child, God loves you.  You can walk free.  Oh it's not easy - believe me - I know.  But we can walk free as Walking Free by Matthew West and Micah Tyler will show you!  Maybe you'll enjoy the story behind the song?  
The origin of the Gratitude section began with LeeAnna's from Not Afraid of Color I Like Thursdays posts.  She came up with a great idea to give a theme to our weekly "likes".  I've missed a few, but am catching up today.  Our first theme was a kitchen tool we like.  Mine is my canning jars!  Here is a natural picture of my fridge.  My prepped fruits and veggies make eating healthier so much easier!  
Our next prompt was our favorite summer "uniform".  This summer has been a different one for me as any fabric touching the scar from m operated knee still bothers me.  So I wear these cute little "swing" dresses from Kohls/Old Navy.  They're comfy, dress up nicely with the right accessories or can go casual.  

Our next them was our favorite sunscreens or how we protect ourselves from the sun.  I actually do not use sunscreen, instead I avoid going out during the hottest part of the day.  Since chemo, I simply cannot tolerate high temperatures. They drain me so very much!

Our newest them is one I love:  cloud formations!  I love, absolutely love cumulous clouds!  Southern New Mexico has the prettiest cumulous clouds!   Of course, now that I want to take pictures of them, we have clear blue skies!  😏
I grateful I am literate and can learn from most types of books.  Do you just love it when a book grabs you, speaks to you, teaches you and then ends with a hug. I did a lot of journaling about Nina Sankovitch's Tolstoy and the Purple Chair!        
Here's a few posts from instagram that caught my eye.  So true...


Faith, Trust and Breast Cancer

I've decided to fix my other knee via another MAKO partial knee replacement as it is also bone on bone on the inside of the knee. 
Since my surgery on my right knee in March, my left knee has become very unstable resulting in near falls.  After years of injections and seeing the X-Ray, I've decided to simply fix the problem instead of treating the symptoms.
Surgery will be this month.  This time around I'm prepping hand and machine sewing projects and filling my days with close friends and family pre-surgery.    
The massive amounts of steroids I was given as part of  chemotherapy resulted in long term damage to my cartilage as well as cataracts.  Simply the price of chemotherapy.  Perhaps one day there will be effective treatments for cancer that will cause less damage to our bodies.  
For now, I'll move forward the best I can and gratefully  accept the pampering of my husband, family and friends!  😉

Take good care, my dears!
Enjoyed this post? 
Never miss out on future posts by following this blog!

Your comments are so appreciated! 
I read each one and will respond by email.
You can also expect a visit from me as well!


 


22 comments:

  1. I love the Nancy Drew books! I haven't read them since I was a kid. Sorry you're dealing with so many after effects of the chemo. I wish I was more into sewing so I could do quilting, it sounds like such a neat thing! Hope you have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family and friends should always come before online activities. Those are the real substance of life.

    I still want to read Pachinko, need to get to it! Once Upon a Wardrobe is on my TBR as well. My Mother in Law recently read it and loved it.

    Have a good week Patricia and take care.

    Lots of Blessings for the week.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your hexagon quilt. It is looking fabulous! You have been keeping busy. I love your fridge - I need to clear out mine a bit but I try to have fruits and veggies visible so I grab them. Thank you for sharing the after effects of the cancer treatments. That is something that you never hear of and it should be. Wishing you a successful surgery and a quick and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great number or projects to keep you busy. Good luck on your knee replacement. I am still waiting to do mine till it gets really bad. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read A Single Thread last year as a Buddy Read with my sister - will be curious what you think. My review https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/mini-reviews-dec-20
    I haven't seen many others claim reading or knowing of this book yet I found it intriguing.
    this week: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-10
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pachinko is one of my all-time favorites. I'm so glad you loved it, too! Also happy to see you rated Take My Hand so highly... hoping to get to it sometime this fall. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miaismine, your posts are always so reassuring and positive. Thank you so much. The Nancy Drew book looks like a good book. Like you I never could make my way through The Golden Compass. Your hexis are looking fabulous. Sounds like you are staying very busy . I will certainly keep you in my prayers as you move closer to the day of surgery. Have a blessed week. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best Patrica for the knee surgery, it sounds like it just has to happen, so go you. I did once read The Golden Compass and hope to do so again. I do remember not being able to follow half it but still kept going. Wow look at all those hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to read and love Nancy Drew! It's wonderful you have a gratitude journal. I think we all need reminders of the things we can be grateful for. It's so easy to focus on the negative. I'm sorry you've had to deal with a lot of health issues! I hope your surgery goes well! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My occasional Nancy Drew readers are just of the books I've bought on sale. But I realized I missed Clue in the Diary, which is the one that introduced Ned, so I should get it from my library and read that one just because I'm curious about how he was introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the surgery goes well!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scripture promise. Looks like you're getting a lot of quilting done! My blog is up for today: http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/08/book-date-monday-aug-8-2022.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember enjoying The Golden Compass when I read it years ago. I was planning a reread but other books seemed more compelling and I set it aside. Maybe I'll try a reread later. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed seeing that Nancy Drew book! It takes me back to a time when I couldn't wait to read the next book. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilts! You inspire me to get busy and work on my quilt when winter comes.

    Thank you so much for your posts. I always take away something from each of them.

    I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for your knee surgery, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you have had a lot of stuff going on and some good reading. I hope your second knee replacement and healing go well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too bad about The Golden Compass. I really liked it on audio, but I'm not a religious believer. Your quilting projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you for moving on after trying to read that book - how many times I've struggled on through a book and it's time wasted! Your hexie quilt is just beautiful! Your fridge looks fantastic. Reminds of of a gal I follow on IG named Emily Mariko who does videos of prepping veggies and it just fascinates me - lol! I love clouds in New Mexico, especially billowing cumulo-nimbus!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending positive thoughts your way for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photos of what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emjoyed your photos and memes, and I always like seeing what books people are reading. Your Nancy Drews jumped out at me because I read every one that I could get my hands on when I was a kid and recently found one at a used bookstore and took it home and enjoyed it just as much as I had all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super productive week for you!

    ReplyDelete