Monday, May 4, 2020

Monday's Strength. 30's $7.50 Quilt. Book Date.

Monday's Strength
As promised, here is another tool that I'm using to encourage myself.  It is a theme based Scripture writing plan by Shannon over at Sweet Blessings. April's theme was "But God"   
I first heard about "But God" verses in a sermon by Pastor Dale.  He said to pay attention when we read/hear "But God".  Then, last week, I found Shannon's amazing Scripture writing plan. Talk about a God wink!

Here's part of today's verses:

May I encourage you to try out these writing plans?  We need to choose whose voice we will listen to.  Let's fill our minds with the voice of faith!

30's $7.50 Quilt
I finished the blocks for my 30's fabric $7.50 quilt.  Next steps?  Sashing/compensating strips.  After I measure the blocks, I'll know what to do....sigh....

Did you notice the shy block on the lower row?  


Book Date
Current Reads


The Lost for Words Bookshop: A Novel
The Lost for Words Bookshop
[(Black Beauty)] [Author: Anna Sewell] published on (January, 2011)
My granddaughter and I have our own book club!  Black Beauty by Ann Sewell is the first book we are reading together!
Finished
★★★★
I believe this Maggie's Story would work nicely for a Young Adult reader.  


I'll be linking up to:





5 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about The Lost for Words Bookshop - hope you are enjoying it!

    And I love that you and your granddaughter started your own book group - how fun!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 30's fabric and the blocks. I am making a very varied block quilt that I don't quite like but then I got the brainwave to treat it as one to really practice free motion quilting on so now I am happy again with it. Love the shy block, I had one today even escape off the wall! Love that you are reading along with your grand daughter. I remember Black Beauty from childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 30's fabrics and your quilt is great! And I do remember reading Black Beauty as a young adult. I grew up in the country and reading was a great past time for me! Love that you and your granddaughter are reading together. Mine would outread me 3:1, as she is a fast and voracious reader!!! Thanks for pointing me to Sweet Blessing and the But God Writing Plan. This is awesome! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool 30's fabric blocks. Hope you've been able to make some good progress on the coping strips and sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pop in and check out your blog occasionally. Was interested today to find you posting about Sweet Blessings scripture writing. I found her blog just a couple weeks ago and thought it was such a good idea. I have started with "But God" and am finding it a very good way to read the Bible. It helps me concentrate on the scripture so much more than just reading. What a treat to find someone else who is trying it. I think Black Beauty was maybe the first book I ever read. Just re-read it last year and then watched the movie. :-)

    ReplyDelete