Sunday, November 26, 2017

Saturday's Song. Slow Stitching. One Year of Stitches. Stash Report.

Hello Everybody!  
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Isn't it nice to finally sit at the table with our loved ones after preparing such a preparing such a wonderful meal?
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/
lightning-mcqueen/4005-35016/images/


As we were going around the table sharing what we were thankful for this year, I asked my three-year-old grandson what he was thankful for.  He enthusiastically responded, "Race cars!!"  He loves Lightening McQueen!

Saturday's Song
This week this song has played EVERY TIME I turn on the radio.  I've decided to share it with you tonight.  I hope, if you are broken tonight, you can be gracefully broken.  I've definitely had my share of brokenness....lately this song has been my blessing.  


* There a link to the lyrics at the end of this post!  :)
Slow Stitching
Two more pieces of the Felt Advent Calendar are finished!  Yea!  I'm up to 11/25 now!  

This week I'll be making a very basic felt tree and sewing on the 25 buttons so the kiddos can begin hanging their ornaments!
Not much has been happening on the crocheting front.  Been busy with the Advent Calendar.  

One Year of Stitches.
Have you heard of Hannah Claire Somerville's 1 Year of Stitches?  It's really neat.  This year I have been intrigued by @cabakes  #1yearofstitches on Instagram.  


Today, the anniversary of my Triple Negative Breast Cancer diagnosis (2014), I decided to start my own journey.  I'll be posting updates on my Instagram account:  @miaismine22.  
Here is my first day's stitching!  

Stash Report
I decided to make a family member a last minute quilt.  His favorite football team is the Dallas Cowboys.  So....here we go!
I bought 3 yards of Moda's grey grunge 
and 





1/2 yard of these two fabrics!  



 Here's a block.  

I already have 24/30 made!
The rest of the quilt top will be made from my stash.  

This Disapearing Nine Patch Quilt from Amanda at Jedi Craft Girl inspired me!  I hope you check it out!


Fiber Stash Report:  November 26, 2017
(started 6/11/17)
Fabric used this week
0 yds
Fabric used to date
59 ¼ yds
Fabric Added this week
4 yds
Fabric Added this year
47 1/6 yds

Net Fabric
12 5/12 yds

Yarn used this week
0 oz  
Yarn used to date
136 oz
Yarn Added this week
0  oz
Yarn Added to date
158.5 oz
Net Yarn
 22.5 oz


Linking up to


Spiritual Sundays

Mollie Sparkles

You make my day with your comments!  
I love reading and responding to them!

OK

1 comment:

  1. You’ve been a busy girl! Nice projects. And I love the Matt Redman song. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete