Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Philippians 4:7 Part 2. Prayer Shawl #3 Finished! To Do Tuesday

Philippians 4:7 Part 2
Part 1







Verses 4-6 teach us how to obtain this peace that passes all understanding, but how do we pray?  How do we present our requests to God?



Let me tell you, my prayers are sometimes with joy or tears.  But lately, they have been with great authority and indignation and even shouted!  I have let God know how much I believe in Him, His Son and His Holy Spirit!  I have reminded Him of His promises and broken through my fear to victory!  I have been a passionate lawyer advocating for myself and my loved ones!  

Meekness and quietness are necessary and certainly have their place - as does passion, authority and indignation!  

Look how the indignant child runs to their parent screaming after their big brother/sister has hit them!  

We can - and certainly should do the same with our Abba!  

For me - it's powerful and releasing.  I can then turn to my problems and the evil one and say, "There you go!  My Abba will get you now!"  And He does!

The result is a peace that
- passes all understanding,
- my heart is guarded by this peace,
- my mind guarded by this peace and is focused on Christ:
even if the answer was unexpected.

Does this happen all the time?
Nope.  
But I'm working on it - with my Abba and my Big Brother guarding and guiding me.




Prayer Shawl #3 Finished!
I finally finished my third prayer shawl.  This one is going to a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer.  
 I used Fireside in Lotus Blossom by Yarn Bee which is sold by Hobby Lobby.  



My pattern is my go to pattern from Fiber Flux.  Here you can see how a different yarn and hook size can make all the difference in the world!  My only changes to the pattern were using an "N" hook and adding pockets.

To Do Tuesday

Last Week's To Do Tuesday
- Keep up with Quilty 365 Done!
- Prayer Shawl #3 - make progress Done!
- Covered In Love Done!
- Drunkard’s Path:  Pick layout, do the math, begin cutting fabric Done!
- Fabri Flair - make progress Done!

This Week's To Do Tuesday
BOMs
Keep up with Quilty 365 
Crocheting
Prayer Shawl #4 - make progress
Quilting
- Drunkard’s Path:  finish flimsy
- cut fabric for FAB class
- Construction Panel Baby Quilt to LAQ
Slow Stitching
Fabri Flair - make progress 
Reading
Own It! by Michael DiMarcoHayley DiMarco

I'm linking up to

Fiber Tuesday at
and






6 comments:

  1. You have had a productive and busy week with all of your projects! The prayer shawl is lovely; I'm sure you're friend will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! She loved the shawl!

      Delete
  2. The prayer shaw turned out beautifully. Hope your friend has a very good prognosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! I was just able to give it to her last week! She did love it! She said she was always cold, so it's the perfect gift! Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Regine! Please forgive me for the much delayed response! I so appreciate your kind comment!

      Delete