Friday, May 19, 2017

Philippians 3:5 Part 2 To Do Tuesday - RSC 2017 Green!

Philippians 3:5 Part 2
Part One is here
Application
This is so simple, yet we make it so hard.  Many times, our own
lack of trust, 
history,
and misunderstood doctrine
can keep us from the 
life-giving,
liberating,
loving
hand of our Abba Father!

Prayer
Father, please loose the chains that bind us from simply trusting You.  Be it illness, pain, hurt, abuse, distrust, disappointment - whatever it is, loose those things in Jesus' name - that we may learn to lean on Your precious arms!  Help us to not get tangled up in the words of the "mutilators of the flesh", but to give You our hearts.  

Even tonight, as I struggled with fatigue, I know You have a purpose for that.  I can trust You because I've proved You o'er and o'er!

My trust is not in my flesh, but in You.
Amen.  

To Do Tuesday -  RSC 2017 Green!
Last week's To Do Tuesday List:
1) Keep up with my Quilty 365 Done!
2) Make my BOM's (Drunkard's Path and RSC), Done!
3) Charity Sewing - Dolls of Hope, (If you go to the beginning of her feed, there's contact info.)  Oh, Oh!  
4) Continue work on my Fabri-Flair project.   Done!

This week's To Do Tuesday List:
Lately crocheting and Slow Stitching seems to be more my style.  I'm going to go with it and my To Do Tuesday List reflects that!
1) Keep up with my Quilty 365

2) Pick the fabric for Covered in Love as well as Dolls of Hope.  I initially picked the wrong fabric for this project.  So, it's back to the drawing board and pick some new fabric.  

3) Continue work on my Fabri-Flair project.   

4) Crochet some more hexie for my hexagon afghan.  

RSC 2017 - Green!
Here are my May blocks - the color was green.  I learned something:  I don't like green!  However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much it calmed me to work with it.....interesting......
Here are all my bonus mini squares!
Can you see Baby C's chalk artwork
in the background?

Here are my four
RSC 2017 squares for May!

I'm linking up to

MidweekMakers @ Quilt Fabrication

Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation


ScrapHappy Saturday - Green with Envy @ Soscrappy


8 comments:

  1. I always find it funny how much I end up enjoying the process, and even loving the end product, when working with a color I don't like! I worked with brown this past week, and I dislike that color so much I have no browns in my stash at all! I had to run to the quilt shop three times to make this last project work. And when I was done with it all... I loved it! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitly funny! You know, back in May of 2013 and October of 2014 I was lucky enough to be in Pennsylvania. Of course, I found my way to Sauder's and Zook's Fabric Shops! Wow - it was amazing! I picked up a beautiful green and white print for a quilt for Mom....and it's still there on my shelf......but not for long! :) Thank you for sharing your story! I guees it's time to buy some matching green thread and have some fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I have expanded my 'likes' over the years! When I first started quilting, I was very much a Thimbleberries girl. Then I started making quilts for charity and found out I really do like brights! It was a challenge at first to get out of my comfort zone, but no turning back now! BTW, I like your greens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! I just checked out Thembleberries fabric - and wow! That was a definite leap! You - and others - have convinced me! I believe a green quilt will be in my future! :) Stretching and growing...yup...stretching and growing! Don't you just love our online quilting community! :) Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Your green blocks are great! Maybe you'll come to like green more after this experience. Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe I will! :)
      Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I find that I go through stages where I like or don't like a color, but then a fabric comes along and totally changes the way I feel about that color. I do like your green blocks, I think they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The more I look at them them, the more I like them! Mom loves green as well! The tide may be changing! :)

      Delete