Friday, July 3, 2015

Life is Precious. A Sacrifice of Praise No Longer! Update.

Hello There Everybody!


http://mypureintuition.com/2014/02/21/chicken-soup-for-the-soul-friday-life-is-precious/
Life is Precious
I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your Fourth of July weekend!  Life is indeed precious, isn't it?  It can sound like a cliché, until we are faced with difficult situations.  Cancer.  Divorce.  Blood tests.  Financial burdens.  Transitions.  Caring for ill parents.  Missing our children.  Discovering who our friends really are just when we need friends the most.  Unexpected and terrible results on medical test.  Doubt.  Hurt. Past Hurts.  Oh my!  The list can go on and on.  But, my dear loved ones, life is STILL precious. 

Yesterday as we left for chemo, I saw a little boy walking and I said, "Oh little boy, I'm sure you may not appreciate walking right now, but it's such a wonderful gift!  Enjoy it!  Before cancer, I didn't appreciate walking, yet now that is doesn't come easy, I do! 

A Sacrifice of Praise No Longer!
Just two weeks ago, I had worked up to two walks a day, each one was an hour long!  During these times, I prayed, worshipped, and listened to Job over and over again.  I realized that I spent - and spend - much of my day worshipping God.  My so called "prayer time" seemed so short - and simple.  I asked God about this and guess what?  He told me I am called to praise Him.  He told me to just praise Him and the prayers would take care of themselves. 

Lessons Learned from this conversation? Well, read on, Baby!

Praise God
http://www.examiner.com/article/we-bring-the-sacrifice-of-praise
1)  I've not been called as a prayer warrior, but am I ever grateful to those with that precious calling.  My calling is to praise God - in all circumstances.  So I begun to do so.  And guess what?  I feel lighter!  It's wonderful!  And it no longer feels like a sacrifice to praise Him!  Figuring out my calling - or part of it - is why.  Let me encourage you to spend real time with God and realize your calling.  Then live it out.  It's fabulous and peaceful.  Sure, I still pray.  My journals are one of the biggest way I pray.  I pray throughout the day, short simple conversations.  But, oh my gosh!  I love to praise God - even now - all the more now!

2) God will lift up prayer warriors on my behalf.  As it became too hot to walk outside, I took to the mall to walk.  My son lovingly teases me that I am now a "mall walker"!  Yup, I am!  Anyway, I digress.  My husband and I were walking and ran into a couple we know.  We run into each other about once or twice a year.  She works with my husband and he and my husband share a love for cars.  We had a short conversation and then went our separate ways.  As mentioned in a previous post ("Ugly"), it's pretty obvious I'm fighting cancer.  

When she and Ray ran into each other at work, he shared my story.  Yup, you guessed it, she told him the Lord had placed me on her heart for the last few months!  She didn't know why, but He did.  I hadn't seen her in at least a year, but she was praying for me.  God will lift up prayer warriors on my behalf.  Amen!

I am now understanding the phrase "sacrifice of praise."  I'm learning to praise Him in the storm, as well as in the sunshine.  And in doing so, He makes my yoke easy and my burden light.  For this I praise Him! 


Matthew 11: 28-29
http://girlfriendscoffeehour.com/2013/01/10/lifes-healing-choices-week-1-make-the-choice/
I personally know many of you who are reading this.  You are facing difficulties - great trials in your life.  I do pray for you.  I also praise God for you.  He will see you through.  Seek Him with all your heart - you'll find Him, He'll answer you. 

Update
Well, a few weeks ago, an ultrasound found a "mass" near the first tumor.  Eeesh!  Did I ever freak out!  But, then, after a day I realized God is in control.  I decided to name the first tumor "Thing 1" and the second mass "Thing 2".  Remember them?  
thing 1 and thing 2
http://newlife919blog.blogs.com/new_life_919_blog/2011/10/butterflies-paul-and-2-things-about-hope.html


Well, I got calls from both my surgeon and oncologist.  After their meeting with the tumor board, where they viewed and compared the CD images from April and June, they are in agreement that the radiologist is perhaps being a bit too cautious due to my cancer diagnosis - and I'm grateful for his caution.  They also said it is highly unlikely for a new malignancy to occur during chemotherapy.  So, I am going for an MRI next Wednesday.  It's in God's hands. 

The fabulous news is that Thing 1 has shrunk by 70% - awesome!  Also, the lymph node that previously showed as cancerous appears to be clear!  (Maybe I should call it "Thing 3?)   Overall, great news!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

Love you all!

And, for today, that is my truth!





No comments:

Post a Comment